Open Data - updates don't sync

Jump to solution
09-03-2015 07:58 AM
NataliyaLys
Occasional Contributor II

How long does it take for the data updates to sync to ESRI's open data database? We updated multiple layers due to annexation that went effective last week, but not of the updates are on the Open data. The preview map shows correct features, but when users download data it's still an old version of data (pre-annexation). Thanks, Nataliya.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NataliyaLys

Daniel, thank you for looking into it.

I got it working. First, I resaved each layer in ArcGIS online, but it still would not work. Then I started removing "Sharing" from each layer. As I was doing it, I was also refreshing my open data site, and I started noticing (as expected) and layers would disappear from Open data site. Then I "Shared" all of all the layers anew with the "public" and with my "open data group'. And after refreshing my open datasite the layer start coming back, and then I was able to download the layers that had updates in them.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Nataliya, when did you make these updates? Are you seeing any errors show up in your data manager section of admin?

0 Kudos
NataliyaLys

Daniel,

I do have some 'Warnings'.  How do I resolve those?

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Nataliya, the license issue is easy to resolve. Just fill in the access and use constraints section of the ArcGIS Online Items with the proper licensing information. As to the performance warnings, I would work with support to find some common causes for slow services and make sure that you are set up correctly. If they are unable to help, our team can take a look, but please do contact support first.

0 Kudos
NataliyaLys

Daniel, thank you for looking into it.

I got it working. First, I resaved each layer in ArcGIS online, but it still would not work. Then I started removing "Sharing" from each layer. As I was doing it, I was also refreshing my open data site, and I started noticing (as expected) and layers would disappear from Open data site. Then I "Shared" all of all the layers anew with the "public" and with my "open data group'. And after refreshing my open datasite the layer start coming back, and then I was able to download the layers that had updates in them.

0 Kudos