Hello - We use collaboration to push our ArcEnterprise 10.6.1 portal hosted layers to our ArcGIS Online organization and in turn make those layers available to Open Data.
I just noticed in the last week or so that once you are on the Overview tab on your Open Data site, and click an attribute that has charting and/or map visualization enabled (not sure how Open Data even selects which attributes can be charted and/or map visualized) AND a count error is returned:
That in turn is throwing an SEVERE error category (that I get to see in ArcGIS Monitor) for the given hosted feature layer that resides in our Portal:
The submitted field 'comments_COUNT' is not available in the layer '0' of the service 'wFireDeptConnection'.
and so on every time someone anywhere wants to visualize or chart one of the variables that supports that capability.
If this error still persists at the 10.7 upgrade then I will begin a support case. As it stands now, I'm amazed this hasn't gotten more traction, that no one else out there hasn't seen this error? Here is an example of what the error looks like on the host site as logged from ArcGIS Monitor:
|1||02/26/2019 5:57 AM||02/26/2019 5:45 AM||9000||SEVERE||1||SCGGISAP01PW.BCC.SCGOV.LOCAL||The submitted field 'facilityid_count' is not available in the layer '0' of the service 'wServiceConnection'.|
|2||02/26/2019 5:57 AM||02/26/2019 5:46 AM||9000||SEVERE||1||SCGGISAP01PW.BCC.SCGOV.LOCAL||The submitted field 'watertype_count' is not available in the layer '0' of the service 'wServiceConnection'.|
|3||02/26/2019 5:57 AM||02/26/2019 5:46 AM||9000||SEVERE||1||SCGGISAP01PW.BCC.SCGOV.LOCAL||The submitted field 'zonetype_count' is not available in the layer '0' of the service 'CommunityFloodZone'.|
|4||02/26/2019 5:57 AM||02/26/2019 5:47 AM||9000||SEVERE||1||SCGGISAP01PW.BCC.SCGOV.LOCAL||The submitted field 'tax_yr_chng_count' is not available in the layer '0' of the service 'Easement'.|
|5||02/26/2019 5:57 AM||02/26/2019 5:47 AM||9000||SEVERE||1||SCGGISAP01PW.BCC.SCGOV.LOCAL||The submitted field 'watershedname_count' is not available in the layer '0' of the service 'CommunityFloodZone'.|
|6||02/26/2019 5:57 AM||02/26/2019 5:48 AM||9000||SEVERE||1||SCGGISAP01PW.BCC.SCGOV.LOCAL||The submitted field 'servicetype_count' is not available in the layer '0' of the service 'wServiceConnection'.|
Usually there is about 200 per day, seemingly random, usually beginning around 4:30 am EST and lasting up until 10 am EST. There are different layers showing up each day returning a count error.
I can confirm that human interaction with the attribute charting on Open Data does throw the error as I show above, but because there are so many on different layers each day that makes me think it's some type of indexing process with our Open Data site that makes this occur.
We are also having this problem with some of our layers in open data. We are using ArcGIS 10.5: publishing services to ArcServer and pulling them into AGOL from our ArcGIS REST Services Directory. Has there been any sort of resolution on this matter?
Hi Rachel - no not to my knowledge. We did move to 10.7 on April 4 and that seems to have resolved whatever issues ArcGIS Hub or Open Data sites had where an Open Data site was treating text and date attributes as numeric and throwing that error... So as far as I know, the resolution seems to be to migrate to 10.7.
Sure - but just to be clear, the attribute chart error does still occur on the open data site for a given attribute. Nor do we seem to have any control over what attributes are supposed to be able to support charting and why, but at least an error is no longer generated on my hosting site. I'd say it's half-fixed . . .
Sadly this error has returned with a vengeance, after we ran windows updates for Windows Server 2016 on May 15 2019. At this point who knows. Probably something with our network or security.
3 other unique Log-Sever errors also have appeared since May 15, occurring by the 1000's
Rest - Database error has occurred.
Rest - 0 : ERROR: operator does not exist: character varying = integer Hint: No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You might need to add explicit type casts. Position: 447
Rest - Cannot perform query. Invalid query parameters.
This one felt like someone or something passing a url into our eSearch widget, but after many tests I can't confirm, but clearly 'character varying' indicates some type of PostgreSQL communication error between the Relational Datastore and the Rest
Tired of chasing ghosts.