Open Data FGDB not downloading after being updated.

07-02-2019 10:44 AM
CortDaniel1
New Contributor III

#We have been experiencing this problem intermittently for several months.  Our data is being hosted.  After running an update, the file geodatabase does not download.  The setting is checked to allow FGDB downloads.  Updates are made using ArcMap 10.6.  When the download FGDB option is clicked, the download button animates, but the file never downloads.  

The only way to fix the problem is to delete the hosted feature service, and re-publish it.   The description and custom license then need to be recreated in the administrator.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  

Here is an example of a data set with this problem. 

https://gisdata-piercecowa.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/drainage-network-structure-polygons

https://gisdata-piercecowa.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/drainage-network-structure-polygons

0 Kudos
32 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not being able to repro a bug when you have eyes on it is a frustrating feeling I know too well.

Regardless, 16 hours is way too long to wait for a download to cache. When you see it happening next reply here and we can get eyes on it quickly. As for the export option bug, the ArcGIS Online folks might be able to provide some assistance.

0 Kudos
CortDaniel1
New Contributor III

Patrick,

We are experiencing this problem again.  Our Address Points data was updated 11 hours ago.  The FGDB download is not working.  We have not toggled sharing off and on.

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks!

Cort

0 Kudos
RichGwozdz
New Contributor III

Thanks, Cort. The last edit date on the service page (https://services2.arcgis.com/1UvBaQ5y1ubjUPmd/ArcGIS/rest/services/Address_Points/FeatureServer/0) is 9/19/2019 3:25:26 AM GMT ( or 9/18/2019 8:25:26 PM

Pacific time). Does that match the time you last edited your data?

The files being currently downloaded from the site have a timestamp of 9/19/2019 7:13:39 AM Pacific time. So they do have a later timestamp than last edit date noted on server.

In an effort to confirm that the data isn’t updated, can you provide an OBJECTID and the expected data for a feature in the dataset that should be updated, but is not being observed as expected in the downloaded file?

Rich Gwozdz | Software Engineer

Esri

0 Kudos
RichGwozdz
New Contributor III

Cort – Just to clarify, I find that the FGDB download works, but would like to verify whether or not it contains the content your expect.

Esri

0 Kudos
CortDaniel1
New Contributor III

Rich,

The FGDB I downloaded from Open Data appears identical to the internal source data.  

Internal FC - last updated 9/18/2019:

max ObjectID = 5044939 

# of records/rows = 388623

Last_Edited date = 9/12/2019

Open Data FGDB-FC - downloaded 9/19/2019

max ObjectID = 5044939 

# of records/rows = 388623

Last_Edited date = 9/12/2019

The Address points data is updated Wednesday nights at 8:15 pm PST.  The following morning we do several QC checks on the downloaded data.  The process of downloading may trigger a caching refresh on your side.  Toggling the sharing setting appears to trigger a refresh too.  Can you download the data on Thursday morning?  If you can,  I will instruct our staff not to download this data before I hear from you.  

Thanks, 

Cort

0 Kudos
RichGwozdz
New Contributor III

Thanks, Cort. I will plan on downloading Thursday morning.

Esri

rgwozdz@esri.com

0 Kudos
CortDaniel1
New Contributor III

Thanks!  Let us know when you are done.

0 Kudos
RichGwozdz
New Contributor III

Hi Cort –

I looked at the service and the cached files this morning. The file timestamps make sense. The service page shows a last edit date of 9/26/2019 3:25:24 AM (GMT) while the download files are stamped with 9/26/2019 3:32:49 AM (GMT). I’ve downloaded the FGDB. Do you what changed in the last edit? I’d like to ensure the file has the content you are expecting.

Esri

rgwozdz@esri.com

0 Kudos
CortDaniel1
New Contributor III

Rich,

The data we downloaded matches the changes we expected.  Changes were made to both the spatial and tabular data.  There were 399 changes, and a random sampling showed the data changed as expected.  The record count matches our internal address point data.  

In case you continue to test downloading the data after it's been updated, we have moved the update time to occur close to another related update process.  The Address Points data will now be updated at 6:45 PM PST on Sundays.

Thanks,

Cort

0 Kudos
CortDaniel1
New Contributor III

Rich, 

Our Development Engineering Land Use Other data was updated last night at 5:36 PM PST.    After 19 hours the file geodatabase will not download.

Development Engineering Other Land Use 

Cort

0 Kudos