Open Data Download Weirdness

Jump to solution
11-05-2015 09:46 AM
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Greetings,

We have share many of our feature classes to the open data portal.  They are created as map services on our ArcGIS Server and shared as map image layers on our ArcGIS Online account.  This seems to work very well with one exception.  One of the feature classes, our city limits boundary, stalls or errors out when a download is requested.  All other layers in that group can be downloaded.  They are all small in size, so they should download almost instantly.

The link to the layer that won't download is:

Dataset | City of Yakima, Washington

I have republished the map service and reset the index on the open data admin site.  The city limits boundary draws on the map presented in the open data page.  Any suggestions as to how to allow it to be downloaded?

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CourtneyClaessens
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Tom,

I reset your dataset on our end and it is downloading successfully for me. Is it working for you, now?

Something got stuck in our processes of gathering the data from your server, and sometimes we need to reset the dataset to start the process over. You can do this through the admin app by hitting the 'reset' button next to the dataset in question.

Thanks,

Courtney

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CourtneyClaessens
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Tom,

I reset your dataset on our end and it is downloading successfully for me. Is it working for you, now?

Something got stuck in our processes of gathering the data from your server, and sometimes we need to reset the dataset to start the process over. You can do this through the admin app by hitting the 'reset' button next to the dataset in question.

Thanks,

Courtney

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I was able to download it to a shape, no issues....about 2 seconds.  So the reset must have worked.

TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Courtney,

Yes!  That did the trick.  Thanks very much!

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos