Open Data Download Error

03-01-2017 03:06 PM
Matt_Coleman
New Contributor

Hi all,

The Open Data Portal for my organization (found here) is all of a sudden unable to produce a Tax Parcels download in any format (shapefile, KML, CSV). The download progress stays at "0% -- gathering the data" until it ultimately returns an error. The Tax Parcels dataset comes from a feature service hosted in ArcGIS Online:

https://services3.arcgis.com/HESxeTbDliKKvec2/arcgis/rest/services/OpenData_ParcelPolygons/FeatureSe... 

I have tried resetting the dataset and its downloads, as well as un-sharing and re-sharing the item with the Open Data Group in my organization's account. Any recommendations or thoughts on what might be happening here?  This is a large dataset (290,000+ records), but users were able to successfully download our parcels layer in the past.

Thank you, and I'll anxiously await feedback from the GeoNet community!

Matt Coleman

Lake County, Illinois GIS Division

6 Replies
CourtneyClaessens
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Matt - 

I was able to download Tax Parcels in all formats successfully - after resetting the data it may have taken a while for it to import, or the server was being unresponsive at times yesterday. 

Matt_Coleman
New Contributor

Hi Courtney,

Thanks for taking a look at this. Yes, everything was in order for a few days, but now I'm getting the same error instantly when attempting to download any of the formats:

And there aren't any warnings or errors associated with the ArcGIS Online item that I can see:

I've tried resetting the dataset and its downloads once again. I'll check back periodically to see if this issue has resolved itself again. It's troublesome to think that this could be an ongoing issue moving forward. Is there anything more I can address on my end?

Thanks again for your help,

Matt Coleman

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Hi Matt - 

Right now the download fails because the dataset import failed - we got a 500 returned on this request: https://services3.arcgis.com/HESxeTbDliKKvec2/arcgis/rest/services/OpenData_ParcelPolygons/FeatureSe... 

Details - 

I recommend filing a support ticket since it's intermittent. 

Courtney

Honolulu_Land_Information_Syst
New Contributor III

WE at the City and County of Honolulu is having the same issue too. This happened in January 2017 and we thought this bug would be fixed but it hasn't. Shall I go ahead and make a support ticket also

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Yes, please file a support ticket. Our support team can help you troubleshoot the problem if its on your end or flag the developers on our team if its a bug in the download system.

Daniel Fenton

Software Engineer | ArcGIS Hub

0 Kudos
deleted-user-KFkk8_E5t1_q
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone!

Two years later, I have the same issue. But my dataset has only 767 records. I contacted already with Esri Colombia's Support Team, however while they respond I would like to know if you had a solution about it Matt.

Thanks a lot!

Laura G.

GIS Team

Agencia Nacional de Tierras

Colombia

0 Kudos