One Hub site available in multiple languages

Jump to solution
08-14-2019 02:27 PM
ChandraLash
New Contributor II

I'd like to create a Hub site in English that can also be available in Spanish and French. Is this possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

We do have this on our backlog but it's not prioritized for a release at this time. The best way I've seen users do this in French Canada is to make the site's layout a "home site" with a header that contains two flags for their two languages (Fraçais & English). Then, duplicate & localize the site's intended content on two pages that hang underneath that common header. 

The Hub-provided UI elements (sign in, search results & facets, etc) is translated automatically based on browser language. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertCollins
Esri Contributor

Hey Chandra, 

Not sure if this is possible yet. 

I've noticed that there is a ArcGIS Idea for just this. It might be worth adding your support via a comment to move this along further - Translate ArcGIS Hub in multiple langagues | GeoNet, The Esri Community | GIS and Geospatial Profess....

Think the main reason is because ArcGIS Hub does not take advantage of Javascript customisation which would enable Google Translate to automatically translate the site into the local language. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

We do have this on our backlog but it's not prioritized for a release at this time. The best way I've seen users do this in French Canada is to make the site's layout a "home site" with a header that contains two flags for their two languages (Fraçais & English). Then, duplicate & localize the site's intended content on two pages that hang underneath that common header. 

The Hub-provided UI elements (sign in, search results & facets, etc) is translated automatically based on browser language. 

ChandraLash
New Contributor II

Thanks for the insight on a workaround.

I'm hoping this becomes a higher priority as hub sites become more popular since duplicating the site in multiple languages could be a maintenance nightmare.  Thanks again though - I appreciate it!

0 Kudos
Marketa_Pancova
Esri Contributor

There is a new functionality added to ArcGIS Hub. You can check this blogpost Translating ArcGIS Hub sites and pages 

0 Kudos