New Search Experience: Hang-up on "Use Group" Configuration for Category Card

Jump to solution
03-01-2024 04:53 PM
KristenWobbe1
Occasional Contributor

We are noticing an issue in searching our Hub site where we used the out-of-the-box configuration to "Use Group" to set up our category cards. Search and Discovery when clicking on these cards hangs-up and requires a browser refresh.

1. Natl, State, Program Pages – Hang-up on Group ID (Used to filter search results)
    1.       E.g., State Page for CA: https://gbp-blm-egis.hub.arcgis.com/search?groupIds=6e491038a07a4e238f78e7458fa5d55b
    2.      KristenWobbe1_0-1709339852326.png
    3.      KristenWobbe1_1-1709339852327.pngBrowser Refresh Required
  1.       Then Results are found: KristenWobbe1_2-1709339852327.png

ESRI Category Card (Description): “Category card—Use this card to group datasets and other content types by category. Each category you create gets represented by an icon of your choosing.”

On our State Hub Pages we used out-of-the-box configuration to “Use Group” to set-up our Category Cards:KristenWobbe1_3-1709340066393.png

We noticed a similar behavior on other Hub sites that “USE GROUP” Category Card configuration like:

USFS – Geospatial Discovery Site

Question: What can we do to improve our user-end Search and Discovery experience and avoid having to refresh the browser when clicking on a Category Card configured with "USE GROUP"?

Is there something we can do to restructure the query string? 

Please help! This is not an appropriate behavior for search and discovery on a public enterprise Hub site.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Hi @KristenWobbe1
Thanks for sharing the video. I've taken a closer look and it appears that the array of groups that are searched differs after a refresh. Given that this is a highly impacted workflow, I've logged a bug internally. I apologize for the inconvenience. I would recommend that you log a bug with the Esri Support Services group so that you can track the progress on a fix and we can keep track of the frequency of these types of issues.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Thanks for reaching out @KristenWobbe1,
I just tested the example you shared and I'm not seeing an issue where no results are found. Are you still experiencing this issue? If not, can you isolate the dates when you did experience this issue? Also, what browser are you using?

Thanks,

Thomas

0 Kudos
KristenWobbe1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tom:

We typically use both Chrome and Edge. We are still seeing the behavoir. I created a little video so you can see what I am seeing. When we use our dropdown navigation and go to a State Page we often get the NO SEARCH RESULTS icon. These State Hub Pages are configured with the out-of-the-box configuration to “Use Group” to set-up our Category Cards. A refresh of the browser window is required for the search results to display. KristenWobbe1_1-1709582599630.png See the video and let me know what you think, please!

0 Kudos
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Hi @KristenWobbe1
Thanks for sharing the video. I've taken a closer look and it appears that the array of groups that are searched differs after a refresh. Given that this is a highly impacted workflow, I've logged a bug internally. I apologize for the inconvenience. I would recommend that you log a bug with the Esri Support Services group so that you can track the progress on a fix and we can keep track of the frequency of these types of issues.

KristenWobbe1
Occasional Contributor

OMG! Thank you so much for acknowledging this! It is definitely a "highly impacted workflow." I will follow-up and log the bug with "with the Esri Support Services group". 
Much appreciated!

0 Kudos