Navbar color help

12-05-2016 09:02 AM
MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

I have begun to migrate our open data site to the 2.0 environment. I am not having any luck changing a portion of the navbar. Im am editing the CSS in the "use custome HTML/CSS section of the page editor. The inspector in chrome identifies what I'm wanting to change as navbar-default the "blue section in the attached image". When I change the CSS values in the header settings it changes the top part of the navbar. Would appreciate any help.

.navbar-default {
  1. background-color: #136fbf;
}
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
KevinDunlop
Occasional Contributor III

You can change this color under the Theme section of the site editor.  It is the Brand Primary Color setting.

Color Property for bar.

0 Kudos
MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply Kevin,

I am using Chrome as my browser and when I change the hex values, apply changes and press save. The values revert back to #0000 black.

Is this a bug?

0 Kudos
KevinDunlop
Occasional Contributor III

I use Chrome too and don't have that problem.  Are you using the 6 digit hex code?  That is the only thing I can think of.

0 Kudos
MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

Yes. 6 digit hex value, or using the color selector.

0 Kudos
HeatherScroggins
Occasional Contributor II

I'm having this issue too. I actually just posted a question about it. 

Have you figured out why it keeps doing that?

0 Kudos
MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

I have tried different browsers and still the same result. I can use the color selector or enter my own hex values and once I press apply and then save it automatically reverts back to black.

0 Kudos
HeatherScroggins

That's the exact same thing its doing to me. 

I've tried it in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer using both the color picker and entering in my own value, it always changes to black. 

And I noticed that it won't even save that black. If you get out of the site editor and get back in, the spaces are blank just like they were. 

It's highly frustrating. 

MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

Exactly 

0 Kudos
HeatherScroggins

AreaPlan

ESRI has posted a fix for this issue. I checked it this morning and it is finally working for me. I can use the color picker or enter in a value and everything saves like it should. 

0 Kudos