Map Services not showing up on Open Data page?

06-17-2016 05:41 AM
AlexJokerst1
New Contributor

For some reason when I attempt to add a map service to my open data page it does not work. I did everything I was supposed to do (share with everyone and to the open data group). However, individual feature services show up just fine if I add those manually. According to the FAQ map services should be working with open data:

Does Open Data work with Map Services?

Yes. Open Data can work with your ArcGIS for Server Map Services. If you register the whole service as an item in ArcGIS Online, when shared to ArcGIS Open Data, each layer will appear as an individual dataset. If you would like to provide a detailed description and unique tags for each layer, you must edit those locally or register the layers individually as items in ArcGIS Online.

If anyone could please provide some insight on why this might not be working, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alex,

Are your ArcGIS Server services externally accessible (i.e. outside of your network)?  If not, they will not show in your Open Data site.

AlexJokerst1
New Contributor

Hi Jake,

I figured out what was going on. Evidently there was some weird permission thing going on with the layer. I fixed it and now it's working. Thank you for your suggestion though!

0 Kudos