Layout Builder - ArcGIS Hub

11-28-2018 05:45 PM
DonStazic
New Contributor II

Hi Hubba Hubbers,

In the Description field of Layout Builder's Dataset Settings (ArcGIS Hub) there seems to be no formatting available. I would like to centre that description under its dataset image.

I've tried HTML and Markdown but they don't seem to be available. Tried spacing across but that seems to have no effect.

Does anyone know a way to to centre the description?

Cheers,

Don  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
KlaraSchmitt
Esri Contributor

Hi Don,

I'm not sure I can accurately visualize your problem. Are you talking about the Dataset Card description? It currently justifies text and truncates by character count. It doesn't support HTML input. The only card we have that supports HTML input would be our current text card. If you're comfortable with HTML, you can use code snippets from this page to generate a card, Calcite Bootstrap.

However, we have added a lot of improvements to our Gallery Card. From the Gallery Card, you could do manual selection for datasets you wish to feature and while we do not support HTML input in this card either, there are more styling options. Or you can choose the dynamic option and use tags and/or groups to filter down to the content you wish to highlight and that content would be centered by default.

Klara

0 Kudos
DonStazic
New Contributor II

Thank you Klara for those suggestions. I will give them a try.

Don

0 Kudos