Is there way to make a copy of one of my open data sites?

Jump to solution
05-10-2017 12:27 PM
NinaRihn
Occasional Contributor III

I would like to make a copy of my open data site so that 1. I can build on it but still have a copy in case I really mess something up and 2. I can do my site edits on a copy rather than a site in production.      Is there a way to copy an Open data site?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CourtneyClaessens

Hello!

This is a feature that is not currently supported, but one that is frequently requested and is high on our backlog.

Courtney

View solution in original post

5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also trying to find the answer to this question!  Just a tip - don't use GeoJobe's Admin Tools to ArcGIS  to copy a site.  I tried this yesterday with a dummy Open Data site, and while the copy of the original site appeared to function as expected, the original site was corrupt. 

DanMcCoy

Maura Daffern‌,

Were you able to fix your corrupt site?

We just experienced a similar issue copying an OD site (dev, fortunately) using AGO Assistant.  Copy seemed to work fine, but after deleting the copy, the original no longer would recognized any of our open data groups in the Groups Manager, and wouldn't show any data in the site.  Unfortunately, I can't say for sure whether or not the original OD site worked after copying, but before deleting the copy.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
DanMcCoy
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately I have not found a solution.  That said, I haven't pursued it to intently.  I am waiting for word from Esri Inc regarding inclusion of this feature (see Courtney's comment, below).

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Hello!

This is a feature that is not currently supported, but one that is frequently requested and is high on our backlog.

Courtney