Hosted Feature Layer Metadata Download

Jump to solution
10-29-2015 07:07 AM
DanDowning
Occasional Contributor

I have a hosted feature layer available through an ArcGIS Open Data site. I have added metadata via the web editor and it can be viewed from the metadata link on the details tab for the layer (from within the open data site). When the hosted feature layer is downloaded no metadata is included. Is it possible to bundle metadata with a hosted feature layer download? Can an HTML file be bundled with the download?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

We've released the fix to this bug. You may need to hit the reset button next to the dataset in your data manager before you see the metadata appear.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
DanDowning
Occasional Contributor

I've added more hosted feature layers and eventually some layers have included metadata with the download. I can't find any reason why some are including the metadata and some aren't.

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Hi Dan,

Can you please provide a link to a dataset that includes metadata in the downloads and a link to one that doesn't? We will investigate.

Thanks,

Courtney

0 Kudos
DanDowning
Occasional Contributor

Hi Courtney,

Thanks for the reply. I can give you the link to the Open Data Site, but at this point none of the layers are downloading. I get the gathering the data message in the My Activity pop up and then nothing happens. The downloads have been weird all day. At one point I got a zip file with another zip file inside. I got a shape with no features which had the line feature icon, but was supposed to be a polygon. A couple had metadata, the majority did not. Anyway, there are currently two layers shared on the site, GeoPlan Cultural Center and Library Facilities in Florida - 2015 and GeoPlan Hospital Facilities in Florida - 2013. Culture Centers has never downloaded with metadata and Hospitals has downloaded with metadata.

Site URL: Search | University of Florida

I will leave the site as is for now. If there is anything else I can do to make investigating easier just let me know.

Thanks again,

Danny

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Thanks Dan, I'll take a look at the metadata. I'm sorry to hear about the other download issues -- If you encounter them when you add the other data back to your site please post the dataset link here with an explanation of what you're observing, like above, and we'll investigate.

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Hi Dan,

We've fixed this bug; I'll let you know when the fix is released.

Thanks for your patience!

DanDowning
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Courtney!

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

We've released the fix to this bug. You may need to hit the reset button next to the dataset in your data manager before you see the metadata appear.

DanDowning
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Daniel. After I reset the downloads in the data manager my shape downloads are now including metadata.

One more follow up question, I noticed that the names of both the zip and shapefile changed to the title from the item details page for the layer (with underscores replacing spaces). Previously it was using whatever we named the service when uploaded to AGOL and it didn't change when we edited that item's title. Is it possible for the download file name to differ from the item details title?

For example, we would like the download file name to be gc_communitycenter_feb15 and the title that shows up in our open data site to be: GeoPlan Cultural Center and Library Facilities in Florida - 2015

Thanks for you help!

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Hi Dan,

The name of the file download should match what you see on the dataset page. Are you seeing something different?

0 Kudos