Embedding Map in Website

Jump to solution
01-02-2020 01:30 PM
EphraimBryski
New Contributor

I'm attempting to embed a webmap created through ArcGIS in a website. I followed the procedure of sharing the map with everyone, copying the html code and pasting it into notepad, saving the file with an html extension, and opening the file with chrome. However, when opening the file, I simply get the error "It may have been moved or deleted". Does anyone know what might be causing this error (I attached the file in this thread)? Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't think chrome will execute javascript opened that way...has to come through a web server. If you have python installed you can do `python SimpleHTTPServer 8888 &.` at the base directory of your resources and try again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't think chrome will execute javascript opened that way...has to come through a web server. If you have python installed you can do `python SimpleHTTPServer 8888 &.` at the base directory of your resources and try again.

0 Kudos
EphraimBryski
New Contributor

If I were instead attempting to embed the map in a existing website, would I then be able to use the HTML code directly?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes-it would look like my screenshot

Sent from my mobile. Please excuse the brevity

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

ooh - also if you use Hub's site builder just use the "Map card" - no need to futz with the embed HTML 🙂

0 Kudos