Dataset Filter Not Showing Full Date Window

Jump to solution
01-20-2022 09:09 AM
John_Spence
Occasional Contributor III

Is anyone else noticing this issue? I have been noticing feature services (datasets) on hub sites are not displaying the full scope of available dates within the dataset (Min/Max). Instead it is showing some arbitrary number in or around 2021. I can however, edit the maximum date and push it to a recent 2022 date and the data shows up as expected.

John_Spence_0-1642698502648.png

The filter min/max date is showing a max of 6/30/2021 even though the max in the reported data is 12/29/2021.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Hi @John_Spence thanks for posting your question. It looks like this was caused by a stale cache of the dataset's attribute statistics (when initially harvested 6/30/2021 was the max, service had updates to 12/29/2021, but cache wasn't updated yet).

I've confirmed the filter and table show the correct dates, once the dataset is reharvested the helper text should reappear with the correct min/max values. You can manually kick off a reharvest for the dataset by visiting the dataset's metadata editor in ArcGIS Hub and selecting ••• (next to "Save") and "Check for Item Updates".

Apologies for the issue!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Hi @John_Spence thanks for posting your question. It looks like this was caused by a stale cache of the dataset's attribute statistics (when initially harvested 6/30/2021 was the max, service had updates to 12/29/2021, but cache wasn't updated yet).

I've confirmed the filter and table show the correct dates, once the dataset is reharvested the helper text should reappear with the correct min/max values. You can manually kick off a reharvest for the dataset by visiting the dataset's metadata editor in ArcGIS Hub and selecting ••• (next to "Save") and "Check for Item Updates".

Apologies for the issue!

John_Spence
Occasional Contributor III

That is a great to know you can get things like that to update via Hub! Appreciate the support and for taking a look at it.

0 Kudos
Nat_Carter
New Contributor

Thanks for the answer to this issue @BrianRollison .  We have data that is being updated by monitors every hour and therefore the max date for the filter for our dataset is constantly behind.  Is there a way to call this Check for Item Updates through an API so we can script it or is there another way to have the item auto-refresh like we can for layers in a map?

Thanks for the help!