Dataset downloading without geometry

01-05-2016 07:08 AM
deleted-user-Bkz8cHvtt5bs
New Contributor III

recently some customers have been trying to download our Wildlife Management Area dataset (Dataset | FWC GIS & Mapping Data Downloads ).  When they download the complete dataset as a shapefile, the zip file only contains the .xml, .dbf, .prj, & .cpg.  I have refreshed the dataset in the Data management Tab of the Open Data site, but this has not fixed the problem.  The geometry of the data are showing up in the service and in the map when visiting the dataset in Open Data.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this if/when this happens in the future?

Tags (1)
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Is this a carry-over from this? AGO Open Data download issues

How are you producing the zip file?  I would assume that you have tried using Windows explorer, right-click send to compressed folder.  Then examine the zip to ensure that all the bits are there.  At that point you could upload.  I can't think of anything that would prevent a portion of a shapefile not being zipped, even if it was in use by another application (which would be a bad idea from the start anyway)

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

This is a function of ESRI's OpenData Product, not something that I'm doing on my local machine and sharing out.  ESRI creates the zip file on their end from a published REST endpoint and caches it for future download.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Sorry Chris, I didn't see the Place where it was posted... but having gone through some of the posts, seems to be a real issue with the service in general.   Good luck.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chris, just fyi, although FireFox seemed to have issues (or was extremely slow) to download, I was able to get all the files.  I used the "Full" option in the pulldown.

The date shown is Jan 7 (tomorrow in my time zone), so maybe you just refreshed the data?  

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Thanks Rebecca,

I haven’t done anything since the 5th. Maybe ESRI has refreshed something on their side. Thanks for letting me know.

Chris Boland, GISP

Biological Scientist IV / Enterprise Geodatabase Administrator

0 Kudos