Data layer still showing in Open Data despite being deleted

Jump to solution
11-16-2018 05:42 AM
MSDISGRC
New Contributor

I have removed a dataset ( https://data-msdis.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/mo-2018-dialysis-centers ) from our Open Data group (which is the only group feeding our Open Data site), however the dataset still appears on our Open Data site.  

I have unshared every other layer to the Open Data page and the offending layer still remained availble for download.  I removed, then restored, the entire Open Data group from our Open Data hub and rebuilt the index and the dataset STILL appears as an active download.  I have no idea what else I should do to resolve this.  

Is there a solution that I can implement from my side or does ESRI need to intervene?

Thanks very much.

Tom

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tom,

Just wanted to follow up to let you know that the new search is officially out of beta this week. This should fix the deleted datasets still showing up issue, but let us know if you notice any similar bugs with the new search.

Best,

Patrick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

HI Tom,

I'd suggest getting in touch with Technical Support to start.

Thanks,

Kelly

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Tom, did you find a solution to this? I'm experiencing the same issue (deleted item still appears in open data portal).

0 Kudos
MSDISGRC
New Contributor

Chelsea

If you haven't already resolved the issue, take a look at Patrick's response below.  The new search upgrade appears to resolve the orphaned data issue.

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks! I'll be checking that out, though I was able to resolve my original issue with a support ticket.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tom,

Apologies for both the late reply and the fact that the dataset is still stuck in your site's index. We do have a fix coming in a couple of weeks when we move the new search for Hub out of beta that should resolve much of the indexing issues you're experiencing. I just tested your open data group on a site with the new search enabled and the deleted data is no longer showing up, but let us know if you see any further hanging dataset issues once the update hits your site.

Thanks,

Patrick

MSDISGRC
New Contributor

Thank you, Patrick. I followed the steps to demo the MSDIS Open Data page using the beta search and that does appear to resolve the issue. I look forward to seeing what other improvements your updates bring to the platform.   

-Tom

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tom,

Just wanted to follow up to let you know that the new search is officially out of beta this week. This should fix the deleted datasets still showing up issue, but let us know if you notice any similar bugs with the new search.

Best,

Patrick

0 Kudos
MSDISGRC
New Contributor

I noticed the new search a few days ago and it does, indeed, appear to have fixed the issue.

Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

Is this update automatically applied, or do we need to do anything to update our #hub site #opendata to apply this functionality?

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos