Data download issue

2062
9
Jump to solution
02-08-2016 07:34 AM
CameronMcCormick
Occasional Contributor

We had a user contact our organization about a strange data issue.

The user downloaded our address points (Dataset | City of Chesapeake, VA Open Data Site) and noticed we had an abnormally high number of addresses that have a street prefix

"ST_PREFIX" in ( 'E', 'N', 'S', 'W')

, just about every record.

openData_Stprefix.PNG

I checked our enterprise geodatabase and the data does not match (Query: address_points (ID: 😎 ). 

Given what happened, I reset the downloads and updated the index on the site.

Even with the resets, it seems like Open Data shows the correct data, but when you download the shapefile, there's data being added to both the ST_PREFIX and ST_SUFFIX field.  There is also a domain on both fields if that makes a difference.

Just reporting this strange occurrance.

Anyone else having the same?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielFenton1
Regular Contributor

Hi Cameron,


We've deployed the fix to production. I downloaded the dataset and am no longer seeing the issue with incorrect prefixes or suffixes. Please take a look at the data and let me know if everything looks good.

Thanks,

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DanielFenton1
Regular Contributor

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for reporting. I’m looking into this.

Daniel

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1
Regular Contributor

Cameron, you are indeed correct that this is due to theCoded Value Domains.

I’ve noticed that your CVDs codes are not different from the actual values. A workaround, while we work on a bug fix would be to remove those domains.

I’ll keep you updated about a fix for the underlying cause. Sorry about the issues.

Daniel

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1
Regular Contributor

Another potential workaround is to use Null instead of “ “ for the values in those fields that are empty. That’s what’s tripping up our logic.

0 Kudos
CameronMcCormick
Occasional Contributor

Did something change recently?  We haven't experienced this before today, or if we have, no users have contacted us.

I've been working with the person in charge of our address points feature class to clear up some of the issues we get in the data manager of Open Data.  It has been a slooooow process.

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1
Regular Contributor

Yes, we recently made a fix so that Coded Value Domains would work properly in downloads. Unfortunately that fix has revealed an edge case that we did not test for.

Again, we’re really sorry about the problem.

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1
Regular Contributor

Quick update: We’ve made a fix and are currently testing it in our QA environment.

I’ll let you know when we plan to release the fix.

Daniel

DanielFenton1
Regular Contributor

Hi Cameron,


We've deployed the fix to production. I downloaded the dataset and am no longer seeing the issue with incorrect prefixes or suffixes. Please take a look at the data and let me know if everything looks good.

Thanks,

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
CameronMcCormick
Occasional Contributor

Awesome!

We are good to go

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1
Regular Contributor

Terrific, thanks for reporting the issue. Sorry that it happened at all.

0 Kudos