Changes to Open Data site will not save!

03-16-2015 02:41 PM
C_EHoward
Occasional Contributor III

I created a new open data sie today so I could change some content around without losing my current site. For the last several hours, any changes I make to the text in a 'widget' on my site in the design layout tab will not save. I press 'done' and 'save' and no changes. When I try and leave the page, it asks if I want to leave since I have unsaved changes.....which apparently I do. My changes appear in the widget but not when I try and look at the site, and they do not persist if I log out and back in.

What is going on? How can I proceed?

Tags (1)
12 Replies
CourtneyClaessens

Which browser and version are you using? I'm unable to reproduce the issue in Chrome v41.0.2272.89 .

0 Kudos
C_EHoward

Still unable to save regularly and am losing work as a result of thinking changes are saved.

Having trouble posting here too so (moderated? only allowed to post every 5 mintes?) I am unsure of how to get this issue resolved

0 Kudos
C_EHoward

I should add that this is when my site is private since it is a work in progress, I do not have it turned on. I had been able to view my page after applying changes fine before but now every time I make a change and refresh my page, I get logged out of ArcGIS online, even though I am logged in as admin. I have been able to work this way before and I hope this is not a new way that the site works. The page refresh and tying to use the links on the page yield the same error- going to ArcGIS online/generi open data page to log in again.

0 Kudos
C_EHoward

I am using chrome and have tried with both public and private views.

I have tried to post several times that this is now working but geonet does not seem to like me tonight!

I am getting saves now but I wonder how long it will last. hopefully just a glitch

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

I'm struggling to reproduce the issue in my environment. It may have something to do with any extensions on your browser, but I'm not sure. I've sent a private message to set up a screencast to get more information so we can resolve this issue!

0 Kudos
C_EHoward

iI'll get on this later after my conference , thanks. my browser and any extensions haven't changed and the behavior started just yesterday. I was able to make a new site and was ok but then it crapped out. I am also not able to,stay logged into AGO so perhaps that is related.

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Hi,

Do you have two organizations on which you're logged in simultaneously? I've been able to reproduce your issue but only under certain circumstances.

0 Kudos
C_EHoward

thanks for the response. no, I only have one organization. I have had better results lately with saving, but mostly because I do not have an urgent need to edit my page. When I would just back-browse I could save but that is not a sustainable way to make changes.

What I do have an urgent need for, however, is to be able to see all data that is supposed to be available in Open Data. That issue is critical in my o pinon and there is no explanation

0 Kudos
Honolulu_Land_Information_Syst
New Contributor III

Yup just found this out as well. The Data Listing Widget is buggy. It worked fine before the March 2015 Update W

Work around I did is make a new group (ie OPEN DATA STUFF 2) in ARCGIS online make sure you check the Designate as avaiable for Us in Open Data.  ADD any feature services you want to be in the Data Listing Widget. In Open Data Manager.

Go back to your OPEN DATA Manage Websites choose your respective open data website ---> Go to Manage Data Tab Then ADD the new group you made to the Selected Open Data Groups. Its a Temporary FIX but it works.

Did you know if this bug has been fixed

0 Kudos