ArcGIS Hub Card Not Showing

Jump to solution
02-09-2022 07:39 AM
KamillePreto
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all!

We have an ArcGIS HUB Page for our Open Data Portal, which has an "Explore Interactive Maps" section, where I have our public web apps and dashboards public. I wanted to add our COVID-19 Dashboard to this section, so I selected it. It shows up in the list in the editing pane, but when I save it, and re-visit the website, it is not there.

I added some additional web apps to the list to test it, and they do pop up. Just not our COVID Dashboard.

Here is the editing pane:

HUBEdit.JPG

Here is the live website: Missing the COVID Dashboard

*Just for reference, I just added the Child Care Centers Map as a test, and that successfully was added

HUBLive.JPG

Any suggestions? Please help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SydneyBohn
Esri Contributor

Hi @KamillePreto!

I took a look at the gallery card on the live view of your site and made a few observations.

Was this gallery card originally set up using the "Dynamic" configuration option? I noticed your screenshot from the editing pane is set to "Manual" but the live view of the site is referencing the "Dynamic" option and is currently set to only show Storymap and Application item types. Dashboards have a separate item type and wouldn't fall under Storymap or Application item types, which could explain why the dashboard isn't displaying on the live site.

With that in mind, I have two suggestions:

1. If the site editor shows the gallery card is set to Manual and is configured to show the dashboard (per your editing pane screenshot), try saving and re-publishing the draft again to see if the live site picks up those changes.

2. If you'd prefer to use the Dynamic option, verify that the "Dashboards" box is checked under "Content Type(s)". Save and publish the draft, then verify if the card appears on the live view of your site.

Screenshot of the dynamic configuration for reference
Note: I used the same group from your site and verified that the dynamic config works in the live view once the draft is published.

SydneyBohn_0-1645042090104.png

If neither of the above suggestions work, I would suggest reaching out to Esri Support for help with further investigation.

Cheers!
Sydney

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KlaraSchmitt
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this problem. Just to confirm, the COVID dashboard does have the same Sharing Level as the other apps, correct?

Would you be able to share the url to your site? And the url to the dashboard?

0 Kudos
KamillePreto

Good Morning,

Thank you for responding. Yes, the COVID Dashboard has the same sharing level as the other apps that are featured on the HUB page.

COVID-19 Dashboard 

Open Data Site 

Thank you for looking into this!

0 Kudos
SydneyBohn
Esri Contributor

Hi @KamillePreto!

I took a look at the gallery card on the live view of your site and made a few observations.

Was this gallery card originally set up using the "Dynamic" configuration option? I noticed your screenshot from the editing pane is set to "Manual" but the live view of the site is referencing the "Dynamic" option and is currently set to only show Storymap and Application item types. Dashboards have a separate item type and wouldn't fall under Storymap or Application item types, which could explain why the dashboard isn't displaying on the live site.

With that in mind, I have two suggestions:

1. If the site editor shows the gallery card is set to Manual and is configured to show the dashboard (per your editing pane screenshot), try saving and re-publishing the draft again to see if the live site picks up those changes.

2. If you'd prefer to use the Dynamic option, verify that the "Dashboards" box is checked under "Content Type(s)". Save and publish the draft, then verify if the card appears on the live view of your site.

Screenshot of the dynamic configuration for reference
Note: I used the same group from your site and verified that the dynamic config works in the live view once the draft is published.

SydneyBohn_0-1645042090104.png

If neither of the above suggestions work, I would suggest reaching out to Esri Support for help with further investigation.

Cheers!
Sydney

KamillePreto

Hi Sydney,

This gallery was tested out in both the Manual and Dynamic options. As I am typing this, it is currently under the Manual setting (I just didn't send an updated screenshot). But I manually included our COVID-19 Dashboard onto this, and it still does not show on the live website.

For suggestion 1: I have actually made many edits and re-saved/re-published the the COVID Dashboard specifically does not get added on the live site. But, other newly added items to the HUB page DO show on the live site. (Ones that I added at the same time as the COVID Dashboard).

For suggestion 2: This worked this time around! I'm not sure what the difference was this time, because I did have Dashboards selected previously when I experimented with the Dynamic set-up. This time around, I selected the re-publish option, which I don't think I did last time.

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it! 

0 Kudos