Select to view content in your preferred language

Allow users to adjust column width in table view

04-26-2022 11:37 AM
CIDAdmin
New Contributor III

Hi, is it possible to allow  users to adjust column widths when looking at table views?

Some fields (textual in particular - like a category field, indicator names - but also large numeric values) get cut in the fixed column width setup of the table viewer.  It would be nice to allow users to adjust columns width by dragging them around.

Thank you

Alessandra

Capture.PNG

4 Replies
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Hi @CIDAdmin; unfortunately, there isn't an ability to adjust the width of the columns in the data table. This would be a great enhancement to log so that other customers can be updated on changes. We would like to update this table with some of the functionality of the JSAPI feature table, but need to work through some key accessibility concerns.

YossiZachar
New Contributor

I was able to this with really simple html coding, just put lot of " " (html space) before and after names where you need big column and set fit to data. It will expand the width according to the empty spaces. Works pretty well.

JonnyRogers1
New Contributor II

Is this possible to do within Advanced formatting section for value headers? I'm new to Arcade so I'm not sure what options are available.  

Can we switch dashboards to HTML formatting from arcade on a whim when configuring Attribute tables in Dashboards? 

ArmstKP
Regular Contributor

@YossiZachar @JonnyRogers1 I would like to know how and where to change the HTML formatting as well...

0 Kudos