Button with mobile vs desktop URL destinations

02-22-2023 10:00 AM
KevinMcMaster2
New Contributor III

I would like to be able to add a button as part of the layout, (currently only available through the text card class="btn btn-primary" or "class="btn btn-default"), but with two different destinations depending on if the user is on mobile or desktop. This functionality is enabled for embedded applications and iframes, but I would like to see it expanded to include buttons as well. I think the easiest way would be to add "buttons" as a drag/drop option in the layout, with configurable attributes (link for mobile, link for desktop, color, etc).

Thank you!

Tags (3)
3 Comments
Emily_Nilson

Thanks for the idea, @KevinMcMaster2 ! In the case you're describing, what would be the two destinations for the different mobile and desktop paths?

KevinMcMaster2

Hi @Emily_Nilson , for this particular use case, I would like to have the button to link to a mobile-optimized dashboard (on mobile) and a desktop version of the same dashboard for a desktop user. I don't want to use the application card (as the hub site is already quite busy) so don't want the dashboard embedded all the time, but I would like to have it as a resource for the user to explore if they want. I could use two buttons ("Mobile Dashboard", and "Desktop Dashboard"), but the two destinations on a single button would solve that more elegantly. Thank you!

Anneka_France

I agree, this would be a great enhancement.