Allow data download from referenced feature layers

03-22-2022 11:25 AM
DanGriffin
New Contributor III

Allow users to download data from referenced feature layers. Currently, data has to be hosted for data download.  This means we need to make copies of our Enterprise data.  This creates extra work and the copied data quickly goes out of date. 

4 Comments
NinaRihn

You can provide referenced feature layers for download by sharing them to an Open Data site.    Most of our items on our open data site are referenced feature layers that are pointing to our ArcGIS Server.    

DanGriffin

Ah! Thank you. Because I didn't see these settings in Portal, I didn't think it was possible.  You have saved me a lot of time and effort.

GIS_Weasel

We're hitting this problem too, and I don't understand the resolution posted above ("share to an open data site"). Can someone point me to documentation on this?

As it stands I have been unable to allow downloads of referenced feature layers when shared to an 'Open Data' type group on ArcGIS Online, or to a Hub Site using the 'Open Data' initiative template.

Thanks.

DylanT_EsriCanada

Hi @GIS_Weasel, by "share to an open data site" they mean to share the ArcGIS Enterprise item that was added to ArcGIS Online (by URL) to the group associated with the Hub/open data site.

Ref: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/hub/content/add-and-manage-groups.htm