Select to view content in your preferred language

Regression kriging

03-28-2015 11:59 AM
juliaDa
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to perform regression kriging in ArcMap. Is there way to do this in ArcMap? Will appreciate any input!!!

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
EricKrause
Esri Regular Contributor

Without seeing your data, it's hard to give specific recommendations.  However, cokriging and regression kriging work in completely different ways, so you shouldn't expect their results to align perfectly.  I don't know if the difference is big enough to be worried about, but you shouldn't expect the maximums to be the same.

About the log transformation, again, it's hard to recommend whether or not to transform without seeing the data.  But if you think a log transformation is needed, this is how you would proceed:

1. Take the log of the dependent variable at the very beginning.
  2. Run OLS on the transformed variable, interpolate the explanatory variables and the residuals, and plug the results into the equation as before.
  3. This will give you predictions for the log of the data value.  You would then take the anti-log (e^predictions if you used natural log) to get predictions on the original scale.
0 Kudos
EricKrause
Esri Regular Contributor

If your organization has permissions to download prerelease versions of ArcGIS, you will be able to download them through my.esri.com.

0 Kudos