Geoplanner: Data Layers Grouping

Jump to solution
03-06-2023 03:06 PM
MatthewBauer93
New Contributor

I'm building out a Geoplanner project and for the life of me I can't figure out how to group my data layers in order to make it more organized for my customer. At 22:58 of this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LFYUjTQ3rs, it appears that there is a group called Big Bear Endemic Species Cores in the Data Layers section. Can anyone explain to me how to accomplish this? I've tried everything I can think of without any luck. Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jos20
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi @MatthewBauer93, GeoPlanner does not support grouping layers. I checked for data layers that have a drop-down arrow like the Big Bear Endemic Species Cores layer you referenced in the video and I found that the drop-down arrow exists because that data layer contains features with different geometries. For example, a polluted waters layer could contain line features for streams and polygon features for lakes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jos20
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi @MatthewBauer93, GeoPlanner does not support grouping layers. I checked for data layers that have a drop-down arrow like the Big Bear Endemic Species Cores layer you referenced in the video and I found that the drop-down arrow exists because that data layer contains features with different geometries. For example, a polluted waters layer could contain line features for streams and polygon features for lakes.

MatthewBauer93
New Contributor

Hi @jos20 , I was worried that may be the case. Thank you for confirming that!

0 Kudos
jos20
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

@MatthewBauer93spoke to a colleague and the geometry might not be the culprit. I believe groups created in ArcGIS Online should be supported in GeoPlanner, but we're looking at a potential issue with that.

I've also logged an enhancement in our backlog to learn whether grouping layers can be supported in the future.

0 Kudos