Select to view content in your preferred language

Geoplanner: Data Layers Grouping

Jump to solution
03-06-2023 03:06 PM
MatthewBauer93
New Contributor

I'm building out a Geoplanner project and for the life of me I can't figure out how to group my data layers in order to make it more organized for my customer. At 22:58 of this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LFYUjTQ3rs, it appears that there is a group called Big Bear Endemic Species Cores in the Data Layers section. Can anyone explain to me how to accomplish this? I've tried everything I can think of without any luck. Thank you!

Tags (1)
Esri's Green Infrastructure (GI) initiative is a collection of freely available authoritative geospatial resources, newly generated data, online applications, and downloadable models with the aim empowering citizens, organizations, and governments to engage in open space planning and conservation
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jos20
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi @MatthewBauer93, GeoPlanner does not support grouping layers. I checked for data layers that have a drop-down arrow like the Big Bear Endemic Species Cores layer you referenced in the video and I found that the drop-down arrow exists because that data layer contains features with different geometries. For example, a polluted waters layer could contain line features for streams and polygon features for lakes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jos20
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi @MatthewBauer93, GeoPlanner does not support grouping layers. I checked for data layers that have a drop-down arrow like the Big Bear Endemic Species Cores layer you referenced in the video and I found that the drop-down arrow exists because that data layer contains features with different geometries. For example, a polluted waters layer could contain line features for streams and polygon features for lakes.

MatthewBauer93
New Contributor

Hi @jos20 , I was worried that may be the case. Thank you for confirming that!

0 Kudos
jos20
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

@MatthewBauer93spoke to a colleague and the geometry might not be the culprit. I believe groups created in ArcGIS Online should be supported in GeoPlanner, but we're looking at a potential issue with that.

I've also logged an enhancement in our backlog to learn whether grouping layers can be supported in the future.

0 Kudos