Real-Time GIS: GeoEvent Extension

10-03-2016 10:48 AM
GregTieman
Esri Contributor

This session will introduce how you can incorporate real-time information streams with your existing GIS data and IT infrastructure, perform continuous processing and analysis against streaming data, and produce new streams of data that work seamlessly with the rest of the ArcGIS products including ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS applications, and Runtime SDKs.

1 Reply
Dunn_Jeremy
New Contributor III

Morning All,

Could you give me instruction on how to actually achieve the geo event service that you create at 47:03  ? I think I've asked this before, and I've been trying in vain to replicate what is being shown in this video. All I'm interested in doing is 

1. Consuming a live hurricane feed in geoevent server. 

2. Intersecting this feed with buffered points. 

3. Send an alert email saying this has happened. 

It looks as though this is what you are doing here. However I have not been able to replicate it. I am trying to use, in particular, the geojson url found here from NOAA

http://services.ogc.noaa.gov/geoserver/nhc/wfs?service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=GetFeature&srsName=... 

Does this sound feasible ? 

My first issue is that when I successfully consume the geojson file as an input there is no "count" when the service is running so I assume no data is being brought in. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards. 

Jeremy. 

0 Kudos