Security on Geoevent Input Service

06-15-2016 01:30 PM
AndrewSmart
New Contributor II

Is there any known way to secure a rest input from geoevent processor similar to how you secure any ArcGIS Server services? Geoevent manager is secured with ArcGIS Server manager, but cannot find any way to secure the a input service. Scenario is that input service will be accessible over internet as senders will not be on the network, but want to restrict against something like a denial of service attack on the endpoint.

Thank You

Tags (1)
3 Replies
AllenScully
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Andrew -

This is possible, we have this working at my organization.  Are you using Web Tier or Token-based security on your ArcServer machine hosting the input service?

0 Kudos
AndrewSmart
New Contributor II

We are using token based security (ArcGIS Server Tier). Just to be clear i'm referring the input connector rest endpoint from geoevent that for example you would post json from geoevent to process.

0 Kudos
AllenScully
Occasional Contributor III

Ah ok -

I was thinking along the lines of using a published service as your input and simply having GeoEvent work with whatever security you have on that service.

Don't have any tips for what you are asking about.  I also don't see anything in the GeoEvent rest endpoint that suggests you can apply security.

0 Kudos