Problem Restarting ArcGIS Server & ArcGIS GeoEvent Gateway services on GeoEvent Server

08-28-2020 03:32 PM
Pei-SanTsai
New Contributor III

I noticed my viewers weren't displaying real time feeds this morning.  I logged on my GeoEvent Server and noticed the services related to GeoEvent were down (ArcGIS GeoEvent Gateway, ArcGIS GeoEvent Server & ArcGIS Server).  I was having issue restarting the services.  When I started ArcGIS server services, it shown it's running but when I checked the properties, it shown stopped & under the ArcGIS Server on the left pane, it shown Start the service, please see attached GeoEvent Services.PNG. 

If I restarted ArcGIS GeoEvent Gateway even though ArcGIS Server service wasn't actually running, but the status of "Running" under ArcGIS Server disappear.  ArcGIS GeoEvent Gateway status shown Running & the left pane shown stop & restart service but the properties shown the service is stopped, please see attached GeoEvent Gateway Services.PNG.  This happened when I tried to restart these two services.  While trying to figure out the issue, I stopped ArcGIS GeoEvent Server services, then I couldn't even get it start it, I had to restart the server in order to be able to restart the services. 

When I tried to access ArcGIS Server Manager, I got "No services was found."  I was troubleshooting on my Production GeoEvent server first (10.6.1 version), then I logged on my Test GeoEvent server (10.8 version), both servers had exactly same issues and happened on the same day.  I checked with our network & security team that nothing has been changed yesterday.  I was able to get my real time feed yesterday.  I followed HowTo:  Administratively Reset GeoEvent Server (10.5.x / 10.6.x) on my Test environment and still having the same issue.  I'm using Windows Server 2016 Standard for both environment.  I would like to know if anyone has the same issue and/or know how to resolve the issue.

0 Replies