Select to view content in your preferred language

Notification when X Stolen Vehicles within X Distance

Jump to solution
08-01-2017 10:31 AM
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I'm working on a scenario where I would like to send a notification when there are a number of stolen vehicles reported within a given distance of each other.  For example, a vehicle is reported stolen and there were 2 other vehicles reported stolen within 1 mile of this event, a notification would be sent.  Does anyone have an example of how to do this?

The input is polling a feature service.  I've created a buffer for each stolen vehicle reported and have that update another feature service.  I also created a synchronized geofence for the feature service that contains the buffer, so as the stolen vehicle is buffered it is created as a geofence.  I'm just not sure how to check if there are 2 other stolen vehicles reported in this buffer.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner

A colleague walked me through how to do this. We first setup a GeoEvent service to buffer the stolen vehicles and write this to another feature service.  The buffer feature service and stolen vehicle feature service are then used as geofences that synchronize.  Another GeoEvent service was created to find how many points are within these buffers:

The GeoTagger searches to see if any buffers contain a stolen vehicle:

The Field Calculator (Regular Expression) queries the GeoTags field to find how many commas exist.  For example, if 3 stolen vehicles exist there will be 2 commas.  It populates a new field called COUNT with this integer value:

The last Field Calculator adds 1 to the COUNT field:

I could then configure a notification when this COUNT field was at a particular value (i.e. 3 stolen vehicles).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JakeSkinner

A colleague walked me through how to do this. We first setup a GeoEvent service to buffer the stolen vehicles and write this to another feature service.  The buffer feature service and stolen vehicle feature service are then used as geofences that synchronize.  Another GeoEvent service was created to find how many points are within these buffers:

The GeoTagger searches to see if any buffers contain a stolen vehicle:

The Field Calculator (Regular Expression) queries the GeoTags field to find how many commas exist.  For example, if 3 stolen vehicles exist there will be 2 commas.  It populates a new field called COUNT with this integer value:

The last Field Calculator adds 1 to the COUNT field:

I could then configure a notification when this COUNT field was at a particular value (i.e. 3 stolen vehicles).