Geoevent practice issue with streaming features

02-01-2018 08:44 AM
RogerMesen-Delgado
Occasional Contributor

My issue is trying to process a streaming feature of one of the practices. This one is the ISS satellite practice but at the beginning everything went right but now I have a error. 

null java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.WebSocketClient$WebSocketFuture.get(WebSocketClient.java:596)
null java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.WebSocketClient$WebSocketFuture.get(WebSocketClient.java:596)[415:org.eclipse.jetty.websocket:8.1.18.v20150929] at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.WebSocketClient$WebSocketFuture.get(WebSocketClient.java:396)[415:org.eclipse.jetty.websocket:8.1.18.v20150929] at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.WebSocketClient.open(WebSocketClient.java:310)[415:org.eclipse.jetty.websocket:8.1.18.v20150929] at com.esri.ges.framework.streamservices.client.AbstractStreamServiceClient.getConnection(AbstractStreamServiceClient.java:351)[117:com.esri.ges.framework.streamservices-client:10.5.1] at com.esri.ges.framework.streamservices.client.AbstractStreamServiceClient.setup(AbstractStreamServiceClient.java:322)[117:com.esri.ges.framework.streamservices-client:10.5.1] at com.esri.ges.framework.streamservices.client.AGSConnectionStatusListenerStreamServiceClient.setup(AGSConnectionStatusListenerStreamServiceClient.java:29)[117:com.esri.ges.framework.streamservices-client:10.5.1] at com.esri.ges.framework.streamservices.client.AbstractStreamServiceClient$1.run(AbstractStreamServiceClient.java:164)[117:com.esri.ges.framework.streamservices-client:10.5.1]

I dont know what is happen with my Geoevent Version of the Geoevent is 10.5.1 and is the same for my portal. I'm doing this because I going to create a streaming service with one gpsgate conector ( I trying to do that too). If someone have a practice with streaming like the ISS I'll be grateful. 

Thanks,

Roger

4 Replies
RogerMesen-Delgado
Occasional Contributor

rsunderman-esristaff‌ maybe you can help me with this issue. 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
DanielCota1
Occasional Contributor

Hi rogermesengeotec,

Can you describe the issue in a little more detail? What is the behavior you are experiencing with your stream service? You mentioned it worked before and then it seemed to have just stopped working. How so? Does it not read any input anymore? Or does the output count not go up? Can you no longer connect to the stream service?

Please let us know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RogerMesen-Delgado
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Yes this issue is with my stream service. It just stop working without any change from me. The input keep running and doesn't show any error. The output doesn't work any more. And that error text is from the log window. I just restore everything and create the practice one more time. It works but doesn't seem like a good way to solve the issue. 

Thanks DCota-esristaff .

0 Kudos
DanielCota1
Occasional Contributor

rogermesengeotec

I have seen issues similar to this before. The output will "break" and stop reading the input data for unspecified reasons. I have found that recreating the output often fixes the issue, but you are right. This is not feasible for a day-to-day practice. However, there could be something else at play here.

If you would like, I would encourage you to open a case with Esri Support to see if they can maybe take a closer look for you. If the analyst cannot find anything specific to what causes this breakage, they can at least reach out to additional resources who may know more.

Keep in mind that there are a multitude of different environmental variables that can play a role in Geoevent service performance. External factors like a SSL certificate expiring, server crashes, system updates, etc. can all possibly affect your server throughput. On the internal, GeoEvent Server-side, things like changes to the definition or input/output configurations can also cause a break in performance if you fail to stop the involved components first (i.e. Changing a field name in the definition while the input is running).

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos