Select to view content in your preferred language

GeoEvent error: Failed to fetch token for connection. Could not parse the token from AGOL.

09-22-2023 11:29 AM
meb323
by
New Contributor

I'm trying to setup a service in GeoEvent manager 10.9.1 that polls a feature service that was published on a different server.  That server is also 10.9.1.  The service polls the feature service, then calculates a field, then the output is to update that same feature.  So basically I'm doint a field calculate using GeoEvent.  The service works properly and I can see that the calculate field is correct but the actual feature class doesn't get updated with the calculated value.   There is an error in the server manager logs that it "Failed to fetch token for connection. Could not parse the token from AGOL."  Is this error related to my feature not getting updated?  Or how do I fix this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GregoryChristakos
Esri Contributor

Hi@meb323 - It could be that the token error means the service isn't accessible since the credentials to ArcGIS Online (where I presume the service is?) are bad. You'd want to check your GeoEvent data store connections & credentials to see whether or not your connection to ArcGIS Online validates. It could be that the credentials you provided have access to reading the service, but not writing to it. Just something else to consider.

Assuming the credentials are good, you own the service, and that you can edit the service, my next suggestion would be to ensure you have your TRACK_ID tags set correctly. You might know that the feature record  for car with plate "ABC321" was updated, and should then be updated in the output feature layer as such, but GeoEvent doesn't necessarily know which field value its supposed to use to uniquely identify and manage each record on output so they're all just "cars" if that makes sense.

Make sure your input connector definition has a field set with the TRACK_ID tag set to unique identify and manage records from one another in the pipeline of your GeoEvent Service. If this definition is the same one used for the output connector, you should be good to go. If you somehow have a different definition for the output connector, make sure that output definition has the TRACK_ID tag appropriately set to the correct field too. Putting this back into the context of an example, the correct usage of a TRACK_ID will let GeoEvent know that it needs to update the record whose plate is "ABC321" with the values it processed in the output feature service.

For more, check out this doc. I hope this helps and makes sense but please don't hesitate to message me if it doesn't. It could be that the issue is none of what I mentioned in which case I might suggest reaching out to Support Services for further investigation.

0 Kudos