GeoEvent Default Server

06-13-2018 12:38 PM
ShawnBowers
New Contributor III

Is there a way to change the url of the Default ArcGIS Server connection in GeoEvent?  Due to a server upgrade I had to move our Portal's web adaptor to a new machine which caused issues on all of our server machines.  After updating the Portal properties on each server machine to fix the issue I noticed that the fix didn't trickle down to GeoEvent.  I was able to register a new Portal connection with GeoEvent and re-point my services to that new connection but the Default cannot be edited or deleted.  This causes this error to be written to the logs every minute.

Could not read content from Portal: {0}. java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not get user information from Portal. (Did not get a response for user information from Portal connection "Default".). at com.esri.ges.datastore.agsconnection.DefaultPortalConnection.getUsername(DefaultPortalConnection.java:490) [48:com.esri.ges.framework.datastore.agsconnection-datastore:10.6.0] at com.esri.ges.datastore.agsconnection.DefaultPortalConnection.getFoldersForUserNoRetry(DefaultPortalConnection.java:598)

I could move the log level up one but I'd rather fix the Default Portal connection without having to do a full reset of GeoEvent.

Thanks, Shawn

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanielCota1
Occasional Contributor

Shawn Bowers

Hi Shawn,

Either resetting or uninstalling/reinstalling Geoevent (after a backup) is usually recommended for these kinds of issues because you can be more sure that the old configuration was removed.

However, if you are intent on avoiding this workflow, what you can look into is leveraging the Geoevent API to update these settings programmatically. The following operations would probably be your best bet. The first would be to get the JSON structure for the default data store configuration and the second would be to update that JSON to use the URL that you want to change it to.

https://<SERVER>:6143/geoevent/admin/api/index.html#!/datastores/getDefaultDataStore 

https://<SERVER>:6143/geoevent/admin/api/index.html#!/datastores/addOrUpdateNewArcGISServerConnectio... 

If you have any experience working with JSON web API's, then you can explore this workflow to get your connection updated.

I hope this helps.

-Daniel

0 Kudos
ShawnBowers
New Contributor III

Thanks Daniel, that info got me close but there still seems to be an issue.  I was able to change the accessType to editable through the API but it would not update the new url for the default server.  Now that it's "editable" I can use the server manager to change the url but after clicking "Ok" it reverts back to the original url.  There must be something that does not allow the manual change of the default server url that we are missing. 

In the meantime I've been going through and backup up the configs in case a reinstall/restore will be needed.  I believe simply uninstalling/reinstalling GeoEvent Server will not clear out any of the configurations including the "Default" data store correct?  That would mean I'd have to do a hard reset which is a manual and seemingly brute force method that I'm trying to avoid doing.

0 Kudos