Select to view content in your preferred language

failed to import configuration file per IntroductionTogeoEventProcessor.pdf

03-18-2014 11:37 AM
lingzhang
Emerging Contributor
Hello,

I am following the instruction on the page of 39  in the tutorial to import the WorkingWithFeatures_Config.xml configuration file.
But nothing happened after I located the file and clicked the import button.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello -

I'd like to confirm that you are using the revision of the Intro tutorial marked 'GEP 10.2 / Rev A' (cover page) released August 2013. You'll find these indicators at the bottom of each page of the tutorial.

Are you using the initial product release (10.2.0) or the update (10.2.1)? Navigate to the Manager's version" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://localhost:6143/geoevent/manager/version.txt]version page to confirm this.

The message indicating 'Configuration imported successfully' will only be displayed in your web browser's window for a few seconds before it disappears. If you missed the message, it may appear as if nothing happened. When navigating to the  Manager's [URL=https://localhost:6143/geoevent/manager/index.html]Monitor[/URL] page, do you see the SimpleGeoEventService, tcp-text-in, tcp-text-out, and file-out GeoEvent Service, Input, and Outputs listed?

There is no harm in repeating steps 2, 3, and 4 on page 39 to attempt to re-import the WorkingWithFeatures_Config.xml product configuration file. If you repeat these steps and do not see the indicated message and service components, please reply confirming which product release you are using and the version and browser you are using to access Manger.

- RJ
0 Kudos
lingzhang
Emerging Contributor
Hello RJ,

Thank you for your replay. I have confirmed I am using latest tutorial. Although I did not see the message 'Configuration imported successfully', I do see the SimpleGeoEventService, tcp-text-in, tcp-text-out, and file-out GeoEvent Service, Input, and Outputs listed.

Thanks.

Ling
0 Kudos