Does GeoEvent recognize attachments?

12-13-2019 10:20 AM
ISP_graynic
Occasional Contributor II

I have an Input set-up in GeoEvent to poll a feature class.  These features have image attachments with them.  I'm trying to get GeoEvent to poll the feature class and copy it over to a new feature class (using either the Add a Feature or Update a Feature) with the attachment.  It copies the data over currently but not the attachment.  Is there a way to get GeoEvent to copy over the attachment to the new feature class too?

6 Replies
KarstenRank
Occasional Contributor III

Did someone solve this problem?

0 Kudos
ISP_graynic

Unfortunately attachments are not supported in GeoEvent.  This was confirmed by ESRI.  The way I got around it is by creating a model in ArcGIS Pro that does this and run it at regular intervals.  This allows me to copy a feature class w/ attachments included and also export attachments.  

KarstenRank

Hello Nicholas,

is it possible to send me your model?

Thanks Karsten

0 Kudos
ISP_graynic

This is all it is.  Basically it updates a layer in a geodatabase and then clears out the features in the ArcGIS Online feature service (using a pre-condition so it copies over before clearing out).  This way transfers over the attachments with the record since it's copying into a geodatabase.  I just run this manually in Pro on a weekly basis or so, but you could export it as a Python Script on run in on a regular interval to copy over to your master feature layer and delete from the original Online feature layer.  Let me know if you have any more questions about it.  

KarstenRank

Thank you Nicholas! 

0 Kudos
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

I am also interested in this topic.

0 Kudos