Does ArcGIS GeoEvent Server install requires ArcGIS Server on the same server?

Jump to solution
01-31-2017 09:34 AM
esriuser2
New Contributor II

I have to install the geoevent server on a new server machine. But there is a system requirement to install the ArcGIS Server .
http://server.arcgis.com/en/geoevent/latest/install/windows/system-requirements.htm

Is that  ARCGIS server needs to be installed on the same new server machine ? SInce we already had another dedicated server for ARCGIS server . Can I use that and some how link to the GeoEvent server during the install?

Appreciate your response! Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

Further clarification on how to install GeoEvent 10.5. Hopefully you've been able to by now, but you actually start with the ArcGIS Enterprise install and authorize it with your Image Server role license. After that you proceed with the GeoEvent install.

-Adam Z

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

Hello - The 10.5 release introduced ArcGIS Enterprise. With this release the concept of server roles was introduced; GIS Server, Image Server, Geoevent Server and GeoAnalytics Server. An ArcGIS Enterprise must have at minimum one GIS Server role (typically referred to as the base deployment, Base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise), before adding additional ArcGIS Enterprise Roles (Additional server deployment—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise). If you have time, review the help associated with the links provided and reply back with any additional questions.

Thanks,

Adam Z

0 Kudos
esriuser2
New Contributor II

Thank you Adam! We have the ArcGIS server role and if i add the geoevent server role at the ArcGIS Enterprise level,should I able to install the Geoevent server on the new server machine?

Here is the scenario:

For example, ArcGIS Server is installed on "ABC" machine, and I wanted to install the geoevent server on "DEF" machine. How should I link these two inorder to proceed installing the geoevent server on "DEF" machine?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

Hi - Yes, as you have described it. You will add ArcGIS Server to GeoEvent Server. Have you looked at the spatiotemporal data store for your GeoEvent Server?

Create a data store—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Managing spatiotemporal big data stores—Real-Time Data Feeds and Sensors (10.5) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

-Adam Z

0 Kudos
AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

Further clarification on how to install GeoEvent 10.5. Hopefully you've been able to by now, but you actually start with the ArcGIS Enterprise install and authorize it with your Image Server role license. After that you proceed with the GeoEvent install.

-Adam Z