creating flat structure GeoEvent Definition from Verizon Networkfleet

Jump to solution
02-05-2019 09:31 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

So I am completely new to GeoEvent Server. I am trying to understand how to map verizon's networkfleet message to a flat structure. The appendix page that comes with the instructions on how to install the connector is not very informative for a newbie like me. I need some more guidance. Is there anymore detailed info out there that shows how to do this? 

I have all the definitions that get created when you add the adapter. I am confused about how you get this:

"GPSFix.Speed[0].Value"

"GPSFix.Speed[1].Value"

"GPSFix.Speed[2].Value"

I am not sure what the "value" part of this is, or the number in the brackets.

Also confused about the appropriate outputs to use. I have a feature service created. Just trying to figure out how I can get my feature service updated with the location of our vehicles. The end result I want is to have one point representing each vehicle in our fleet that shows their location every so often based off our contract with verizon. Don't need any elaborate set up. just a simple output showing locations with vehicle label. 

Any help with where to find more documentation, or even an example of someones Geoevent service structure that they have created, would be greatly appreciated from a newbie such as myself

Thanks.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
ErikBlake

Michael

Thanks so much for your help. I might try and create a hosted feature service to AGO and see if that works for us as well. I appreciate your time and help

0 Kudos
ErikBlake

One follow up question I have is, after I read the help in GeoEvents, I still little confused about the delete feature option. If I have it set to Update only = Yes now that all our vehicles are created does this then not require me to set delete old features to True? Also does the delete old features option actually delete the feature it's self or just the records associated with that feature? 

0 Kudos
MikeSchonlau

For NetworkFleet events, you will want two outputs - Add a Feature and Update a Feature. Add a Feature will be your cumulative (bread crumb trail) of events and Update a Feature will be only show the most current location. For the Add a Feature, you'll want to use the Delete Old Features like I described in my last post. For the Update a Feature output, you should have Update Only set to No, but Delete Old Features set to Yes.

The Update Only option only works if you have a constant set of features to start from. For us it won't work because we may have a vehicle that goes offline for a period longer than my Delete Old Features setting. If that happens, the Update Only option would not create a new feature once that vehicle comes back online.

0 Kudos