Select to view content in your preferred language

Connecting GeoEvent to a PostgreSql View Table?

Jump to solution
05-19-2021 05:24 AM
AdamRepsher_BentEar
Occasional Contributor

Hello All,

I guess the Subject question is not completely correct - in the way that I am thinking.

I am here to ask if I am understanding correctly - There is a way to "connect" GeoEvent Server to a table (or view) in a in a non-spatial or non-SDE database.  Maybe the correct way of saying this is that we can register a database (in my case PostgreSQL) with ArcGIS Server and then, in GeoEvent, connect to the Feature/Web service that is now available in Server.

Am I getting this concept right?  Here's my workflow:

1. Create a Database Connection to generate an .sde file through ArcGIS Pro.
  2. Add a user maintained data store within Portal.  (I believe that registering the db connection as a data store within the federated ArcGIS Server would be an alternate way to do this.)
  3. Publish layers in bulk from a user-managed data store

My db user has all of the correct privileges....

In this scenario, should I be able to utilize a "Poll an ArcGIS Server for Features" input to grab the most recent events from those published payers?

Thank you for your help,

--Adam 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
EricIronside
Esri Regular Contributor

An alternative to the suggestion below of using a hierarchical JSON structure is to use regular expression in a standard field calculator to pull each field out (you would need 5 Field Calculators. Each one would would have an expresion like the following:

replaceAll(jsonStringField, '.*"rssi":(\d+),.*', '$1')

Just replace the field name (rssi) with whatever field you are working on.

At GeoEvent Server version 10.9 you can add this function in a Field Mapper processor. Previous versions will require a Field Calclulator for each field you want to parse the value for.

0 Kudos