Cannot Register an ArcGIS Server in GeoEvent Manager

Jump to solution
11-27-2017 06:40 AM
NicoKroes1
New Contributor II

Hello Everyone:

I am currently experiencing an issue with Registering an ArcGIS Server with GeoEvent Manager in the "Data Stores" menu. Whenever I attempt to register an ArcGIS server, a red icon appears in the status field (See Image Below).

For reference, Below are the values that I have populated for the "Edit ArcGIS Server" window.

Does anyone know why the ArcGIS Server cannot be registered with GeoEvent Server? Please let me know if I can provide any details that might help.

Thanks

Nico

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NicoKroes1
New Contributor II

I figured it out. I needed to use token based authentication (see number 1 in the image). I first generated a token on the server that I wanted to register.  Next, I entered the token that was generated from the server (see number 2 in the image). After that, the server was successfully registered. I appreciate your help!  crodriguezesri-co-esridist‌.

Thanks

Nico

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Cesar_AugustoRodriguez
New Contributor III

Hi! Niko Kroes

Can you try to register in a new register your ArcGIS Server into the data store using your server URL?

It should be similar to "https://Yourservername:6443/arcgis" if you have a web adaptor it should be similar to "https://Yourservername/YourPortalWebAdaptor"

Please remember, if you before has been federated your arcgis server with your portal for ArcGIS (Base deployment ArcGIS Enterprise) you should register it with your portal account.

0 Kudos
NicoKroes1
New Contributor II

Unfortunately, I was not able to register the server after entering my server information in the format that was specified above. The "My Server" item below is what I wanted to register. What else do I need to do?

Thanks

Nico Kroes

0 Kudos
Cesar_AugustoRodriguez
New Contributor III

What kind of message show when you are on status logo? Do you need check the credentials provided?

Can you try to check "Use credentials"?

NicoKroes1
New Contributor II

Cesar:

I am getting a "Token Required" message when I hover over the red error icon that you hovered over.

Thanks

Nico

0 Kudos
NicoKroes1
New Contributor II

I figured it out. I needed to use token based authentication (see number 1 in the image). I first generated a token on the server that I wanted to register.  Next, I entered the token that was generated from the server (see number 2 in the image). After that, the server was successfully registered. I appreciate your help!  crodriguezesri-co-esridist‌.

Thanks

Nico

Cesar_AugustoRodriguez
New Contributor III

Hi Nico

Where do you get your token? Do you get it from ArcGIS Server's Admin? Please, You take in mind that if you go to create a token needs User name and Password.

Managing data stores—Real-Time Data Feeds and Sensors (10.5.1) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Acquiring ArcGIS tokens—ArcGIS Server Administration (Windows) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Regards

0 Kudos