Buffering Point Feature in GeoEvent

05-08-2019 02:54 PM
ISP_graynic
Occasional Contributor II

I have two point feature classes.  FeatureClass1 is updated via a Survey123 project.  Whenever a new entry is created, I want to buffer that point and use that as a GeoFence in GeoEvent.  That way when FeatureClass2 has an entry, it will check to see if it is in the polygon buffer of FeatureClass1 and send an email if so.  

Any help on how to this with GeoFences in GeoEvent would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Hi Nicholas Gray,

i haven't worked a lot with geofences so far. But me first idea would be:

• Create an Update a Feature Output to write all buffers of the FeatureClass1 features to an extra geofence feature layer.
  • Create a GeoEvent Service that uses the Buffer - processor to buffer the incoming features from FeatureClass1 and write it to the geofence feature layer.
  •  Define a GeoFence Syncronization Rule to import the geofences from the feature layer (every x minutes)
  •  Work with the GeoFence in a separat GeoEvent Service. Maybe use the processor geotagger to tag all events from FeatureClass2 that are within one of the geofences, use a filter afterwords to decide if a email should be send via "Send an Email" output connector

Hope this is helpful,

Best Stefan

ISP_graynic
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you Stefan!  I'll give that workflow a shot.  Based on what I've looked at so far, that should work. 

0 Kudos
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

You don't have to use a geotagger and than an attribute filter, you can directly use a spatial filter.

Best, Stefan

0 Kudos