Misleading error message regarding extent

07-08-2011 07:46 AM
BryanEvans
New Contributor III
I noticed this yesterday while doing some field testing with a ToughBook and a Trimble. If I collected geometry and attributes for a feature that was out of the projects extent, the Trimble would have an error that says something about the geometry being out of the extent of the project. On the ToughBook, the error message I receive says "One or more feature attribute values are invalid. Please check attribute values and try again." On the feature class I was using, all of the attributes were correct (and had worked earlier when I was in the extent). Has anyone else encountered this before?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeoForetich_Jr
New Contributor III
We are having the same issue when trying to add a point.

But the only fields in our layer that are "NOT NULL" are OBJECTID and GLOBALID, and these two fields are managed by ArcGIS, so all other fields could be left null and still be valid.

So how can Mobile report that "One or more feature attribute values are invalid"?
0 Kudos
LeoForetich_Jr
New Contributor III
We discovered the problem was a field in the layer had been set to "NOT NULL" initially and then changed using SQL.

The solution should have been to issue the command "sdetable -o alter_column -x ALLOW_NULLS". And this command said it succeeded, but when you examine the field in ArcMap, it still says it's set to not allow nulls. So, it looks like the "sdetable -o alter_column" command is not updating the sde metadata for tables properly.
0 Kudos
RajhpandianNatarajan
New Contributor
Hi ,

I am also facing this problem. Some times i could able to create point , line , Polygon . But some times it givng the error "One or more feature attribute values are invalid".
Have any one found solution for this error?
0 Kudos
NickHetrick
Occasional Contributor II
Just started getting this error as well it would be nice if some with ESRI could bring some light to this. This basically makes no sense I just ran a large mobile collection project using AGS mobile but now on this project we are getting this error this is quite an issue. I basically have to rebuild a project midway through it becasue of this error.
0 Kudos