Select to view content in your preferred language

Terrasync data dictionaries subtype fields

05-10-2012 12:48 PM
ScottKelly
New Contributor II
I am creating a data dictionary using Pathfinder office to be used when capturing system valves. I can't seem to create a field using pathfinder that can be used with ESRI subtype fields. Does anyone know how to do this?
Thanks,
Scott
0 Kudos
2 Replies
IvanKautter
New Contributor III
Not aware of any Trimble integration in ArcGIS Mobile, so I am not sure what question you are asking.

Subtypes in ArcGIS require integer values in the Code field while the Description field for that code value can be any valid string expression.  As far as I know, there is no such restriction in data dictionaries in Pathfinder or Terrasync.  Code values in data dictionaries can be up to 6 string characters and I assume associated Attributes that are visible to users have to maximum string limit.
0 Kudos
ScottKelly
New Contributor II
I think the problem is that subtype fields are numeric fields that get text entered in to it. If I make the data dictionary field numeric, the numbers don't come over into the feature table. If I make the data dictionary field a menu the data does not come over because it is a type mismatch.
0 Kudos