Select to view content in your preferred language

Synchronizing 10.0 results in an RequestException with ErrorCode SaveEditsFatalError

01-30-2014 12:19 AM
MaximilianGlas
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Problem

I had a problem while synchronizing with the ArcGIS Mobile 10.0 Application.
For one layer I always get a "ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile.MobileServices.RequestException". A look in the ErrorCode property shows a "ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile.MobileServices.RequestErrorCode.SaveEditsFatalError".
The feature class is non versioned but has a Global_Id set.
The error does not appears on every client, only for some.
When deleting the cache and creating a new one, everything is fine (except the data which are lost).

Because I did not find anything matching to my problem in the internet, I will show the answer here for any other people having the same problem. Maybe it helps you.

Solution
One field in the feature class was defined as not null. In the application this field was filled in some cases with an empty string ("").
While this seems not to be a problem for the API, it is a problem when storing in the geodatabase. This causes the problem.
When I changed the value of this field to a valid string value, the synchronization was successful.
I my opinion this is a bug.

1 Reply
MaximilianGlas
Esri Contributor

Currently, the same problem occurred again.

But this time it has a different reason.

The cache contains new data, which causes the error. It costs me a few hours to recognize, that the new data has been synchronized and were created on the server side, but the arcgis mobile client did not get this. It still has the new data as "not yet synchronized" in the cache and try to create the data new each time I press synchronize. This causes a primary key error in the SDE, because the data already exists.

I guess there was an error while synchronizing after creating the data on server side and before change the state of the data in cache.

I have no good solution for this problem yet. The only thing you could do is to delete the new data from the cache.

0 Kudos