Select to view content in your preferred language

Synchronise local cache with AGOL feature service

12-10-2013 07:18 AM
RavinHasseea1
Occasional Contributor
Hello,
I am using AGM 10.2 and I am trying to download data from an AGOL feature service.
I am using the rest API to generate the token by passing the credentials. When I append the token to the service url in a browser, it works fine.
However when using the feature sync agent in AGM 10.2, it comes up with

{System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.
   at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
   at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.set_Url(String value)
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile.FeatureCaching.Synchronization.BinaryWebService..ctor(String url)
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile.FeatureCaching.Synchronization.MobileServiceConnection.get_WebClientProtocol()
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile.FeatureCaching.Synchronization.MobileServiceConnection.get_IsValid()
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile.FeatureCaching.Synchronization.FeatureSyncAgent.Synchronize()}

I have tried to encode the url, but it doesn't make any difference. See below code. Has anyone successfully
synchronised with AGOL feature service using token. Any other suggestions?

string token = GetToken(); //Uses REST API
                            MobileServiceConnection msc = new MobileServiceConnection();
                            msc.Url = MobileApplication.Current.Project.FindFeatureSourceInfo(currentLayer).CacheMapLayerInfo.Url;

msc.TokenCredential = new ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile.CatalogServices.TokenCredential("username1", "password1");

msc.Url += "?token=" + token;                       

msc.Url = HttpUtility.UrlEncode(msc.Url);

syncAgent = new FeatureSyncAgent(currentLayer, msc);
                            syncAgent.SynchronizationDirection = SyncDirection.DownloadOnly;
                            syncAgent.DownloadFilter = pQFilter;

if (!syncAgent.IsValid)
                {
                    MessageBox.ShowDialog(GetMessage("msg_101"), stackFrame.GetMethod().Name, System.Windows.MessageBoxButton.OK, System.Windows.MessageBoxImage.Error);
                    return isDownloadSuccessful;
                }

syncAgent.ProgressChanged += new EventHandler<FeatureSyncProgressEventArgs>(syncAgent_ProgressChanged);

//syncAgent.ProgressChanged += new EventHandler<FeatureLayerSyncProgressEventArgs>(syncAgent_ProgressChanged);
                    syncAgent.StateChanged += new EventHandler(syncAgent_StateChanged);
                    //syncResults = syncAgent.Synchronize() as FeatureLayerSyncResults;

try
                    {
                        syncResults = syncAgent.Synchronize() as FeatureSyncResults;
                        syncAgent.ProgressChanged -= syncAgent_ProgressChanged;
                        syncAgent.StateChanged -= syncAgent_StateChanged;
                    }
                    catch (System.Exception ex)
                    {
                        ErrorHandlerWithDetails.Show(ex, GetMessage("msg_101"));
                    }
0 Kudos
0 Replies