ArcGIS Mobile 10.1.1 Synchroniye error

Jump to solution
12-06-2013 12:52 AM
IvanPobis
New Contributor III
I have a problem using ArcGIS Mobile in functionality ???Upload changes to server???. But I need to use this functionality, because in our project the collector are walking through whole country. So I need a help urgently.

My steps to working with ArcGIS Mobile were:

• I have created two point feature classes in my SDE. One for identification (has both test fields for storing ID and name), second, simple point feature class with few of attributes, one is used for subtype, one for coded domain, one attribute for storing date and one for description. I have setting full permitions to edit this data for specified user. Both feature classes have GobalID.

• User and SDE GDB are registered in ArcGIS for Server.

• I have prepared MXD document (trying to edit successful) which I published as mobile service with mobile data access: Upload is allowed. The Service is public, not protected

• In MPC I have created new project with settings to identity, then setting one feature class as editable. Project has been saved without errors.

• In ArcGIS Windows Mobile I have open the project an download data clearly. Just I have tried add one point in editable feature and in one feature I have changed attributes. Then I have tied to post changes. I got an error inform me, that my data are save, but the upload to the server was not successful. Detail of the error is: Upload Error. Fatal server error

In server log I can see message:
SEVERE 6.11.2013 9:43:46 MobileSync: Post Features Failure. <service> <server> MobileSync.UploadFeatures

My servers are in following configuration:
[INDENT]SQL server: Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise: Core-based Licensing (64-bit) Version 11.0.3000.0 2012 (running on 64 bit Windows 2012)
ArcSDE: 10.1 SP 1 for MS SQL Server
ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for Server (running on 64 bit Windows 2012)
[INDENT] ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for Server Server Security Patch V2
ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for Server SQL Server 2012 Support Patch
ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for Server SQL Server User Names with Special Characters Patch
ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for Server Security Patch[/INDENT]
ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 Web Adaptor (IIS) (running on 64 bit Windows 2012)
ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.1.1.0 (3320)
[/INDENT]

Additional information is, that I can see  in Windows log on the ArcGIS for Server machine after publish service following system error:
[INDENT]The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{3EEF301F-B596-4C0B-BD92-013BEAFCE793}
and APPID
{3EEF301F-B596-4C0B-BD92-013BEAFCE793}
to the user SRV-GISAGS\arcgis SID (S-1-5-21-844541247-1394448545-4192360724-1002) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
[/INDENT]

I have tried use scenario wit non versioned feature classes and versioned with post to default feature classes too. Connections via ArcGIS Web Adaptor or directly to ArcGIS server through correct port. Unsuccessfully.

Can you help me please?
Sincerely yours,
Ivan
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IvanPobis
New Contributor III
Hallo Chris,

thank you very much for your answer.
At the points:
1. I have been using FQDN URLs.
2. Features are SDE Registered. One of them is not Versioned.
3. Feature access is enabled at One feature (service) and is editable by Web Apps.
4. I have tried desktop version, but without success. Result is same as on device.
5. Before I tried your recommended steps, I found a solution.

The solution of my problem is:
I have had used MS SQL Native Client 2012 64bit. (Because I have been using MS SQL 2012 on another server). I have decided to change them (because in early version of ArcGIS Server and MS SQL I had not problem ). I have uninstall Native Client 2012 and install MS SQL Native Client 2008 R2 64bit. ArcGIS for Server 10.1 has installed patch to support SQL 2012 (ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for Server SQL Server 2012 Support Patch).

These steps they took and the server is working correctly.  Edit features now working by Mobile client (mobile service) and Web Apps  (feature service) together on versioned and on non versioned feature datasets. Synchronization working without problem.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan

Here are a couple things you can try when troubleshooting this:

1. Use FQDN or IP address (as Akhil mentioned).
2. Are your features in the SDE 'Registered as Versioned'? 
3. If Feature Access is enabled, are you able to edit in arcgis.com or a web app?
4. Try the desktop version of the Mobile application instead of the device (or vice versa).
If all else fails, log a Tech Support ticket!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AkhilParujanwala
New Contributor III
Hi Ivan,

I am still using 10.0 but maybe your problem is not having the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) for the server name.
For example the server name should be "darthvador.company1.local/arcgis/mobile" vs just having "darthvador/arcgis/mobile".
I would check this in MPC.

I am planning on going to to a newer version of ArcGIS Mobile in the future.

Are you using ESRI's synchronization code?

I am using the WPF app and I have coded my own synchronization with error handling and I sometimes us the "Manage Edit" menu item to sync and see if the same results or errors appear.

If you do find a resolution, please post it here so that other can see.

Best of luck.
0 Kudos
IvanPobis
New Contributor III
Hi Akhil
Thanks a lot for your idea. Services on the server are published with Fully Qualified Domain Name and IN MPC, where I created the project are used FQDN URLs.
Yes, I am using ESRI�??s synchronization code in ArcGIS for Pocket PC, running on Windows Mobile 6.5 or ArcGIS Mobile for Windows, running on notebooks.
Hoping someone help me, because I think I am trying everything I know. Of Course I will write if I will be successful to solve this trouble.
Sincerely yours,
Ivan
0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen
Occasional Contributor III

3. If Feature Access is enabled, are you able to edit in arcgis.com or a web app?
4. Try the desktop version of the Mobile application instead of the device (or vice versa).
5. Use a feature service in desktop to find out more about the error.

• On the service, enable Feature Access

• Make a 'Use' connection to your ArcGIS Server

• Bring the Feature Service into a new ArcMap session.  This service has a little grey box icon

• Right click and do Edit Features > Create local copy

• Start an edit session, create a feature, and stop editing save edits.

• Right click the service again in the TOC and go to Edit features > Sync

• See if you get any errors and if so, these should be specific to what is happening at the GDB level.

0 Kudos
IvanPobis
New Contributor III
Hallo Chris,

thank you very much for your answer.
At the points:
1. I have been using FQDN URLs.
2. Features are SDE Registered. One of them is not Versioned.
3. Feature access is enabled at One feature (service) and is editable by Web Apps.
4. I have tried desktop version, but without success. Result is same as on device.
5. Before I tried your recommended steps, I found a solution.

The solution of my problem is:
I have had used MS SQL Native Client 2012 64bit. (Because I have been using MS SQL 2012 on another server). I have decided to change them (because in early version of ArcGIS Server and MS SQL I had not problem ). I have uninstall Native Client 2012 and install MS SQL Native Client 2008 R2 64bit. ArcGIS for Server 10.1 has installed patch to support SQL 2012 (ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for Server SQL Server 2012 Support Patch).

These steps they took and the server is working correctly.  Edit features now working by Mobile client (mobile service) and Web Apps  (feature service) together on versioned and on non versioned feature datasets. Synchronization working without problem.

Sincerely yours,
Ivan

0 Kudos