Permissions for CreateMobileMap

03-19-2012 07:14 AM
AndersWallberg
New Contributor II
I am trying to create a Mobile Map With the GeoProcessor and ArcGisMobile build 2525 from an ArcGIS Engine application. This is working fine when I run the application as an administrator. But when the same application runs as a ordinary user i get a general exception from Arcobjects (80004005). My code is fairly simple:

IVariantArray parameters = new VarArrayClass();

parameters.Add("C:\\temp\\test.mxd");
parameters.Add("C:\\temp\\MobileCache");

Geoprocessor GP = new Geoprocessor();
GP.Execute("CreateMobileMap", parameters, null);

Does anyone know anything about permissions using this tool or other tools with the GeoProcessor object?

Regards Anders
0 Kudos
3 Replies
matuskajba
New Contributor II
Any updates on this??? I am experiencing the same issue. I'm getting "Implementation of this Tool's Validate is invalid" error, while running Create Mobile Map as ordinary user (Member of agsadmin, administrators), when I run it as administrator there is no problem at all.
0 Kudos
nagavijayasankaran
New Contributor
I am running version 2550 and still the same issue. It doesn't happen in all machines though. Anybody has any updates?
0 Kudos
DianaUmpierre
New Contributor II
Did anyone at ESRI answer this Q?  Unfortunately, I currently do NOT have access to ESRI support because our I don't have my organization's customer number (and for whatever reason there appears to be a bit of resistance in the organzation to share that w/ the GIS power users).

So, if anyone knows the answer it would be great.  Unfortunately I don't have admin rights at this time in my work PC. I'm trying to figure out if I will need it to be able to fully support a customized ArcGIS for Mobile app that I'll be inheriting.

Thanks...
0 Kudos