Select to view content in your preferred language

Mobile using Desktop Tools in ArcCatalog

06-08-2011 11:34 AM
DavidWeber
New Contributor II
I am working in ArcGIS Mobile for the first time and created a project using the Mobile Tool Set! I added the GlobelID and now can see only the "Synchronize Mobile Cache" tool. Why did this happen? I would like to create another project.

David Weber
Taylor, Texas
0 Kudos
7 Replies
ChristopherOlsen
Regular Contributor
It could be a glitchy thing happening with Toolbox.  Can you manually add the toolbox back?  (Right click on the Main arctoolbox header and choose Add toolbox.  Browse to System Tools and add Mobile toolbox)

If that doesn't work, can you run a repair on the mobile install?
0 Kudos
DavidWeber
New Contributor II
Got the Mobile Tool Set back! Now the tools are shown with a lock, what does that indicate?
0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen
Regular Contributor
Is this 9.3.1 or 10?  If it's 931, you may want to rerun the post install on Server (since Mobile is bundled with Server).  If it's 10, it should be working since you get 1 mobile license with Desktop in that version.
0 Kudos
LaneHartman
New Contributor III
I'm having this same problem and I am using 10.  Is it because I just have an ArcView license and not an ArcEditor or Info license?
0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen
Regular Contributor
I'm having this same problem and I am using 10.  Is it because I just have an ArcView license and not an ArcEditor or Info license?

There may be 2 different downloads depending on your licensing.  Here is a link to the Mobile team's blog on it:
http://blogs.esri.com/Dev/blogs/mobilecentral/archive/2010/09/02/ArcGIS-Mobile-and-ArcGIS-Desktop.as...

ArcView is supported, and I would recommend installing Mobile build 2500 and ArcGIS 10 sp2.  These releases have the most up to date bug/enhancement fixes.
0 Kudos
LaneHartman
New Contributor III
I have installed 10 sp2, but I haven't installed the latest Mobile Build. I'll try that. I did try using a .GDB file instead of a personal geodatabase and it worked fine.  For some reason I had thought Mobile wasn't compatible with file geodatabases.  Either way thanks for the info!
0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen
Regular Contributor
Good to hear- I think it's actually the opposite- there are more problems with personal geodatabases  not working and File GDBs are the recommended way unless you are using SDE.
0 Kudos