Mobile Project -- "make layer editable"

04-05-2010 01:01 PM
MikeAlonzo
New Contributor II
Hi --

I have been unable to create an operational layer in my mobile project that allows for editing.  In AGS Manager-->Mobile Projects-->Select Mobile Services-->Edit there is the "Make Layer Editable checkbox.  For me it is always grayed out.

I understand there to be three criteria a layer must meet in order to be editable here:  1.  Stored in an ArcSDE Geodatabase  2.  Have GlobalID field  3.  Not M or Z enabled.  The layers I have tried to insert have met these criteria but I still cannot edit.

Has anyone else run into this?  Perhaps there is a more general setting that I have wrong here?  I am on version 9.3 at the moment.

thanks,
Mike Alonzo
0 Kudos
2 Replies
GrantRussell
New Contributor
Hi Mike,

I saw your post and wanted to let everyone know what the final issue was with this option being grayed out. As we discussed, the ArcGISSOC account needs Read and Write permissions to the data. To change the permissions, right click on the SQLExpress database server > administration > grant read/write permission for ArcGISSOC account.

Grant R.
ESRI
0 Kudos
AkashJain
New Contributor
I ran into the very same issue.

I want to create Mobile Cache from Mapservice, which can be used on PDA devices. But the feature layer's property, AllowNew is FALSE. 

When I tried creating Mobile Project the option to 'Make Layer Editable' is grayed out.

My layers have global IDs, no M or Z values and ArcSOC user has full rights on SDE database and MXD.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos