Mobile cache extractor

04-28-2011 08:41 AM
SteveRobison
New Contributor
Can someone tell me where I can download a cache extractor for 9.3
I've bee to all the blogs (I think) and read about the "tool" but I just cant seem to get my hands on it to put it to work.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
AkhilParujanwala
Regular Contributor
Ah yes, sorry I missed that part.

You can create a tile cache of your service and bring that in as a basemap into ArcGIS Mobile.

I used MXD and Mobile GP Tool for creating Vector based maps.

I then use services to create Raster base maps.

Here's a snippet from my personal documentation.

8. Using ArcCatalog, browse to the location of the .mxd and right click, Publish to ArcGIS Server, put an appropriate name and place the service under the Mobile_Services folder.
9. In ArcCatalog, open the Toolbox and click on Server Tools. Run the Create Map Server Cache, the host will be the name of the server, for example gisservername then press tab. The Map Server will be the name of the Service located under the Mobile_Services folder. The Data Frame will the name of the data frame of the .mxd, for example Layers.
Create Map Server Cache Settings:
�?� Host: gisservername
�?� Map Server: BG_Building/RPB_1st_Floor
�?� Data Frame: RPB
�?� Scales: STANDARD
�?� Number of Scales: 3
�?� Scale #s: 2000, 1000, 500 < the lower the better quality the image will be.
�?� Cache Tile Format: PNG24
�?� Tile Width & Height: 256
�?� Antialiasing: On
Under Server Tools there is Manage Map Server Cache Tiles which will create the tiles. The Host is the name of the server. The Map Server is the name of the service in the Mobile_Services folder. Leave all other as default. Select an Update Mode which will be Recreate All Tiles, then hit Ok.
10. The tiles are created on the server, in the arcgiscache folder the name of the service and the cache will be present, the name of the data frame dictates the name of the folder created.
11. In this case the name of the folder is likely to be Layers, open it and there should be a config file. Copy the folder and paste it onto the tablet PCs Basemap folder. Rename the folder to an appropriate name, for example Borden. Then copy that renamed folder to the Local Incident Maps folder and that map will be automatically read into RaDCAMS. The name of the layer in this case will be �??Borden Image�?�.
12. Rasters/Images that are added this way will have the word Image appended to the map layer in RaDCAMS making it easy to identify which layer to use.

Steps 11 and 12 do not pertain to you directly. I have a designated folder in which my application will read any basemaps that the user adds. I have a thread regarding how to read tilecache, actually buddha (provided the code) and I implemented it into my app.
0 Kudos