Select to view content in your preferred language

Deploying mobile runtime

08-23-2010 01:30 PM
BrianGustafson
Occasional Contributor
How do I deploy the mobile runtime with a WPF application?
0 Kudos
14 Replies
ChrisCarter
Deactivated User
Thanks for posting those instructions!  I was missing pe.dll.  Now I can successfully deploy via ClickOnce without having to install the Mobile runtime first.

-Chris
0 Kudos
AngelGonzalez
Frequent Contributor
Chris,

I am trying to do a ClickOnce deployment on a windows laptop mobile application and came across this forum. When I tried to reference the pe.dll I get an error:

"A reference to 'C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Mobile10.0\bin\pe.dll' could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component."

Did you have any problem referencing this dll in VS2008SP1?

Thanks
0 Kudos
AkhilParujanwala
Regular Contributor
I had my IT person look into a similar problem, where the pe.dll could not be found and etc. We checked the system error logs and were able to determine that the Operating System was missing some files. This was not the fault of ArcGIS Mobile, but rather the new OS we were testing out.

Windows 7 Embedded, so that we can have a very light Windows OS, so that all other resources can be allocated to the ArcGIS Mobile Application.

The solution we found was installing the C++ 2008 Redistributable package from Windows Download Center. I am not sure if this will solve your problems, but it did for us in this particular case.

Chris,

I am trying to do a ClickOnce deployment on a windows laptop mobile application and came across this forum. When I tried to reference the pe.dll I get an error:

"A reference to 'C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Mobile10.0\bin\pe.dll' could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component."

Thanks

Hope this helps a few people,

Akhil P.
0 Kudos
AngelGonzalez
Frequent Contributor

The solution we found was installing the C++ 2008 Redistributable package from Windows Download Center. I am not sure if this will solve your problems, but it did for us in this particular case.

Akhil P.

Unfortunately, I do not think this is the case. I have installed VS on the laptop to debug the issue and I get a "Missing ArcGIS Registry key" in my stackTrace. When I install the Windows ArcGIS mobile runtime it works, when I remove it, it crashes. I never had to install the runtime on the laptops in 9.3. I tried to manually add the dlls to the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Mobile10.0\bin\ folder on the laptop but the program crashes ( I did something similar to this in 9.3 and it worked).

The question is: Can I use ClickOnce to deploy ArcGIS Mobile 10 application? Is the runtime now need to support mobile app?
0 Kudos
ChrisCarter
Deactivated User
Chris,

Thanks

angel,

I have successfully deployed an ArcGIS Mobile 10 WPF application through ClickOnce.  The runtime is NOT required on the client machine.

You don't need to add pe.dll as a reference... only as an output file to be included in the ClickOnce install.  The only ESRI dll that I have reference in my project is ESRI.ArcGIS.Mobile.DLL.

I'm using Visual Studio 2010, FWIW.

-Chris
0 Kudos