Select to view content in your preferred language

Attaching Photos to a Feature

05-10-2013 07:09 AM
BenLand1
Deactivated User
**Currently I'm using ArcGIS Desktop 10.1, ArgGIS Mobile 10.1, and the handheld device is a Trimble GeoExplorer 6000 series

Problem: I'm relatively new to the ArcGIS mobile scene. For the project I'm working on I need to be able to take a point on the map and attach a photo to that point.

What I know: I've done my research on how to solve this issue but the only thing that I really saw was to make a point that had one attribute data type of raster and then the photos would attach themselves to that. Unfortunately I could not get that to work but I'm unsure if that was because the GeoExplorer takes me out of the application to take a picture.

Question: The problem I'm unsure how to solve is how do I attach a photo to that attribute of that specific point? And also I've noticed that with the GeoExplorer 6000 series it takes me out of the ArcGIS application when I hit the photo button located at the bottom of the handheld device, is there a way that I can take a photo and stay within the ArcGIS mobile application?

Thanks,
Ben Land
0 Kudos
1 Reply
HenrikSvenningsen
Deactivated User
Before you deploy your project, do this.

In ArcCatalog, right click on your FC and "make attachment".
Make Global ID on those FC you wan't to edit.
Make a project in ArcMap
Create cache with the tool
Do the "things" in Projectcenter
Deploy the project to your gadget

Now you can attach ALL what you want......pics...documents....videos.......etc. and syncronize it back to a server or a filegeodatabase.
0 Kudos